Rum River Regional Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Anoka, Minnesota that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

city walk

I really enjoyed this trail, great scenery and peaceful. I don’t know if this was just a coincidence or if it happens all the time but I encountered several bikers and people with dogs that lacked common courtesy. Many bikers did not yell “on your left” or warn me in any way as they came up behind me and nearly knocked me over. Also came across two people with dogs not on a leash and the dogs came charging directly at me and my dog! Again, I don’t know if this is typical, but definitely got the impression that the people who frequent this trail think they own it and don’t have to show any respect to others who use it. Disappointing.

Friday, June 22, 2018

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Easy trail. Trail is 100% paved now. Based on posted pics wasn't what I expected, but still enjoyed the walk. Also this is a in and back trail not a loop

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Does not belong on All Trails. This is a paved walk, that can best be described as a museum to run-down parts of Anoka.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017

familly friendly trail, the children loved it, but it does not loop, I got a bit confused when the trail suddenly stopped, then realized you have to walk in the street to hey back on. Beautiful, peaceful, kid and animal friendly. I enjoyed it.

Monday, April 03, 2017

I'm not sure why it says "loop." There is no loop. You walk down the trail and then walk back. Also, part of the trail goes through the city, which is actually fun. But, the trail stops with no direction. You have to walk along the street (which has no path) and then get back on trail. I liked it though. Be sure to stop at 10K Brewing on Main Street when your done hiking.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

nice paved trail for walking or biking. further north past bunker blvd is a trail great for if you want to get off the paved trail..

Saturday, May 12, 2018