Prairie View Great Marsh Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(20)
Myre-Big Island State Park

Prairie View Great Marsh Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Albert Lea, Minnesota that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 91 feet Route Type: Loop

nice short trail

Sun Jun 02 2019

Nice hike. Lots of moderate hills and swamp. I missed a small loop midway of trail. Will repeat hike till I get it right.

Sat Apr 13 2019

Direction coordinated were wrong

Sun Sep 03 2017

I bet it is a great trail typically, but it was so rainy and full of mosquitos that we hard to turn around - about the worst I have every seen, but it is a marsh. Even DET did not detour them. The neat thing was there were tons of little frogs all over the trail.

Tue Nov 05 2013

This trail makes up the south west quadrant of the greater Big Island State Park area. I found it to be in prime fall condition as I hiked it with my wife, sister, and two dogs!

Mon Sep 24 2018