North Shore Highway 61 from Duluth

North Shore Highway 61 from Duluth is a 99.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Two Harbors, Minnesota that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

scenic driving

This has to rank within the top 5 or 10 best drives in the U.S. The endless rivers and streams that drain into Lake Superior from the NW of highway 61 is incredible. Almost too many to name. Many have hiking trails that go up river from the highway that are worth exploring. The view out over the lake is hard to describe, and anyone who has lived near or on the ocean, would have a hard time believing this was a fresh water lake. It truly is huge. And it displays its many different moods depending on the weather. I last did this back in the summer of 88' and the water on the lake was like glass. You don't get that very often. If you have never done this drive, you need to put it on your list. It is one of our countries best!! From Duluth to the Canadian border.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

I did this beautiful ride after a canoe trip north of Ely. Even though it was nine years ago, I still remember the beauty. It is definitely on my bucket list to go back.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Seeing the lake is amazing any time of the year.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This drive provides amazing views of Lake Superior, occasionally some white tail deer sightings, a couple tunnels, and a multitude of spots to stop and hike, sightsee, or snap pictures. It's gorgeous all year round.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I love this road. Make sure to stop by Bettie's pies and eat pies on your drive!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A gorgeous, relaxing drive. :)

Friday, July 01, 2011

My favorite route in MN... If it's a clear day!!!

Sunday, August 08, 2010

My favorite road in the US. I get a smile on my face as soon as I see that blue sign with a 61 on it! Lake Superior is a sparkling jewel on your right as you wind from Duluth to the Canadian border. Many wonderful trails to hike along the way. This is heaven on earth for me. We try to get back at least once a year.