North River Trail Loop

North River Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Afton, Minnesota that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and road biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great fairly easy trail along the river.

It was so beautiful! It’s worth it! Especially when we went during this fall season! Gorgeous view and peaceful noise! People around us were friendly. The walk was good!

I've been here before on the northern part. This time I went to the south of the visitor center and went on the Deer Valley loop. I had to walk on pavement for about 1.5 miles to get to the actual hike, but it was worth it. The terrain varies from relatively flat/sloping meadows to steep ravines. I really enjoyed the southern-most portion of the trail. My total distance on foot was about 4.4 miles.

The trail is labeled, and the map is decent. But the trail markings and the map markings don't match, so I had to look at the map pretty often.

I brought my neighbors' dog, and she had a blast. It's busy here on weekends, but I only saw a few people here today.

Thursday, April 06, 2017