Mound Trail Loop is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jasper, Minnesota that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is best used from March until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

I was off trail for a while(without knowing) but I was following a "trail". Wondering why it was so bushy and had to deal with some scary moments(stepped on animal bones.. I ran!!), started realizing I was way off track. I climbed up the rocks and saw the trail. So it took a whole a lot more time to get this trail finished but it was really adventurous one. One thing I have to say is the sign should be posted more clear since I went to the trail it was really not meant to be a trail for "normal" hike.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Despite it being close to 100* when we hiked it, we had a great time here. There is a lot of wildlife here, especially birds. There is even a wild bison herd. Make sure to stop by the old quarry--great views!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue Mounds state park is primarily a prairie park with scattered timber. Many miles of trails for hiking, walking, or cycling. Buffalo herd at the park. Good variety of wildlife for viewing, birding. Fee campgrounds from tent to RV siites. Well worth the trip.

Thursday, May 25, 2017