Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Mazomani Trail

Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Mazomani Trail is a 5.4 mile loop trail located near Jordan, Minnesota that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

was great except for the trail being closed 3/4's of the way through the hike and having to back track

Friday, October 21, 2016

Beautiful day on nice trails. It is a wildlife reserve with hunting in the area.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016

hay Linda !! we doubled back the 4 miles !! Made for a nice long hike that day ..But now I want to make the crossing

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Saturday, March 26, 2016

It was a beautiful hike. However, once past the homestead we needed to cross the river to return to the beginning of the trail, we encountered an unexpected challenge. There is no bridge. We could back track the 4+ miles or wade through the rapid to get to the other side. We crossed the river. It was exciting and fun. But I could skip the wet shoes, socks and pant legs afterward. Once we reached the other side we found the closed trail sign. I'm still glad we did it.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Monday, July 13, 2015

This is one of my favorite hiking spots close to the Twin Cities. It feels more remote in many spots than other spots close to the Twin Cities. Highly recommended for a couple of hours of on the trail.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Monday, June 01, 2015

Went here today with the family and dog. Spent about 6 hours hiking most of the loops and checked out the farmstead, shelter, campsites, etc. One of the sections was closed due to flooding but was overall a great time. PLEASE NOTE, the water access / pump they have marked on the trail map near the shelter does NOT work. It is missing the main pump handle and the linkage to the pump shaft so don't plan on filling up with water there.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

New to Minnesota and I absolutely loved finding this place! So beautiful! Even with everything frozen it was beautiful. The ice shelf on the river was amazing! Moderately muddy and slippery in some spots but really nothing bad to say down the five mile loop

Monday, December 15, 2014

I hiked during this warm pre Xmas weekend. Although there were some hunters, I was the only hiker there. The trail was good - not much mud. It's very flat. I looped south and west to the erratic (to shorten the loop I went off trail for about 200 feet) and although it's not on the map, it was easy to find with a cell phone. I looped back to Jab's farm and across the levee. Anytime I can get 3 solid hours in with a minimal drive from home (40 min) it's a win for me!

Sunday, October 12, 2014