Mazomani Trail

Mazomani Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jordan, Minnesota that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

The bridge is out near Jab Farm. We hiked 4+ miles in the snow only to have to turn around and double back so close to the end. Made for an unexpected long day. Crossing the river in the winter would have been a bad idea. This information should be posted at the trailhead. The trail itself is nice and the area is remote and lovely.

Monday, April 10, 2017

was great except for the trail being closed 3/4's of the way through the hike and having to back track

Friday, October 21, 2016

Beautiful day on nice trails. It is a wildlife reserve with hunting in the area.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

hay Linda !! we doubled back the 4 miles !! Made for a nice long hike that day ..But now I want to make the crossing

Saturday, March 26, 2016

It was a beautiful hike. However, once past the homestead we needed to cross the river to return to the beginning of the trail, we encountered an unexpected challenge. There is no bridge. We could back track the 4+ miles or wade through the rapid to get to the other side. We crossed the river. It was exciting and fun. But I could skip the wet shoes, socks and pant legs afterward. Once we reached the other side we found the closed trail sign. I'm still glad we did it.

Monday, July 13, 2015

This is one of my favorite hiking spots close to the Twin Cities. It feels more remote in many spots than other spots close to the Twin Cities. Highly recommended for a couple of hours of on the trail.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Went here today with the family and dog. Spent about 6 hours hiking most of the loops and checked out the farmstead, shelter, campsites, etc. One of the sections was closed due to flooding but was overall a great time. PLEASE NOTE, the water access / pump they have marked on the trail map near the shelter does NOT work. It is missing the main pump handle and the linkage to the pump shaft so don't plan on filling up with water there.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

New to Minnesota and I absolutely loved finding this place! So beautiful! Even with everything frozen it was beautiful. The ice shelf on the river was amazing! Moderately muddy and slippery in some spots but really nothing bad to say down the five mile loop

Monday, December 15, 2014

I hiked during this warm pre Xmas weekend. Although there were some hunters, I was the only hiker there. The trail was good - not much mud. It's very flat. I looped south and west to the erratic (to shorten the loop I went off trail for about 200 feet) and although it's not on the map, it was easy to find with a cell phone. I looped back to Jab's farm and across the levee. Anytime I can get 3 solid hours in with a minimal drive from home (40 min) it's a win for me!

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Great trail! Very quiet on a 75 and sunny day. Little muddy in some areas but just adds some fun challenges. Great minnesota views along the ridgeline!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I just finished part of this hike. A section of one of the trails was flooded so I was only to do 3 miles instead of the full deal. I'll come back again though. Great scenery despite it being too early for everything to be in full bloom.

Sunday, July 09, 2017