Hay Creek Cross Country Trail

Hay Creek Cross Country Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Red Wing, Minnesota that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

We could not find the cross country trail. The maps were confusing and the trails were poorly marked. Most of the trails appeared to be poorly maintained. We ended up following a different route on an asphalt path that was relatively straight and easy to travel.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

I love close to these trails so I come out here very often. Very little foot traffic, occasionally horse riders pass through. Beautiful place, in my opinion. Expect a lot of hills.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

We go here a lot, so maybe it's not as scenic for us as it would be a stranger. We ride bikes at least once a week, we walk the dogs, and it's one of my favorite running trails. It's fairly level and easy for any level of rider. The 14 miles is not all in one go. About 8 miles of it is in Red Wing. Also, in the winter it is covered with snow and there are snowmobilers out there, as well.
It's a popular trail and there are often groups and families biking or walking on it any time the weather is nice. It's a pretty area bordered by state property as well as some farm land.