Devil's Kettle

Devil's Kettle is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Cook, Minnesota that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lots of stairs but very short ways to the falls. So cool!

I was not prepared for a hike..it was a spur of the moment idea with friends. I was in jeans and sandals. It was not an easy feat for us (being unprepared and all) but it was beautiful.

I agree I think this trail is a moderate , I won't say easy peasy ,but in the spring so cool

Sweet waterfalls, lots of stairs! Worth the hike

This is a spectacular viewing hike. If you manage to go in the fall, when the leaves are turning, you are in for a treat. This hike was my welcome to Minnesota, and I am glad. The hike involves 15 unrelenting flights of stairs going down (which means going up on the way out), as well as plenty of other sets of steps. If someone in your party might have difficulty with the elevation changes, consider carefully. There are a few benches along the way.

I wouldn't say this trail is 'easy'. It's a clear path most of the way but there are 200ish stairs one needs to climb both in and out to see the Devils Kettle. However, the cauldron is beautiful and no one knows where the water goes that actually goes into the cauldron. Strange???