Crosby Lake Loop

Crosby Lake Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Victoria, Minnesota that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail (set of Tamarack, Aspen, Oak) is a very strange(?) experience. The good part is that it is one of the very quiet places you can be, and enjoy nature in its truest sense. The lake views are excellent, there are signs to guide at every junction, so getting lost is very difficult. On the other hand, be prepared for bugs and insects, they WILL swarm you. It might also give some the "spooky" experience since its very quiet around here

I should have turned around as soon as you hit the tree line and the flies started to swarm...but I didn’t. I understand I’m outside, and bugs are part of the deal - but this was absurd. Swarmed by 10? 20? Flies around my head the entire time. Absolutely miserable. Couldn’t enjoy the beautiful park/trail because I had flies divebombing my eyes the whole time.

This is a very nice park with a good variety of nature. The surroundings vary, including woods, meadows and wetlands. The trail is consistently relatively wide - sometimes very wide - and includes gravel, mulch and floating bridges over wetlands. I'd consider the trail to be rolling, with some short but moderate climbs. It didn't seem all that difficult, but it did kick my behind (and my knee) today.

I'm guessing it would be a great place to visit in the fall, with the variety of trees.

If you're planning to come with a dog, be aware that dogs are only allowed on the paved paths.

recorded Crosby Lake Loop