Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Caribou Rock Trail

Caribou Rock Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Cook, Minnesota that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

The Caribou Rock trail is only 3/4 mile to an overlook of West Bearskin Lake. Continue the full 3.5 miles where it intersects with the Border Route Trail. Go west a bit to visit Rose Lake Falls.

This is the only trail I got extremly lost on because it connects to other lakes. I was terrified. When I was turning around I took a wrong turn then another wrong turn. Beautiful hike, but my worst hiking experience. Be careful!

Great hike,very rugged trail with lots of vertical. This is a very good App. The trail is pretty easy to follow for the most part. The App. really helped in a few spots that aren’t well marked and it’s easy to get turned around. We ended up doing 9.2 miles with all the vertical and exploring at the falls and Stairways Portage. The hike with breaks took us 7:56 total.

I only hiked to the overlook at bearskin but that view alone made the hike worth it. Quite a rocky trail...

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Decent hike. Did it with the kids (9,11), and we made it but they were pretty tired. Under 4 hour R/T with some hustle. Tons of trees down, and the trail squeezed between the tree falls. They had been cut up, but still everywhere.

The trail takes a lot of ups and downs, and does get your heart beating with some good vertical. Waterfall at the end, but if you keep going maybe a quarter mile you can see the rose lake cliffs.

We did take a wrong turn at the portage trail, as the main trail you hike jogs around a tree and you don’t see that without doing a little exploring. It was only a few feet, but disguised.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

We hiked to the West Bearskin Lake overlook. Then took the Moss Lake trail to the west. This was much more difficult. We reached the north-south portage between the 2 lakes. We visited both lakes and then walked the road back to HJL Lodge.

Monday, July 31, 2017