BWCAW Paddle: Fall Lake Campground to Moose Lake

BWCAW Paddle: Fall Lake Campground to Moose Lake is a 46.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ely, Minnesota that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

paddle sports

Excellent escape into the wilds of northern Minnesota. Great campsites for small tents. I recommend a freestanding tent as some of the sites have little area to set spikes as they are located on rock facia. Bring good hiking shoes too as some of the portages can be rugged and mucky. Nothing more ironic than getting foot blisters on a canoe trip.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I've been there a few times, it's amazing if you're looking for solitude and very few amenities. It's vast and gorgeous wilderness. Where to start... seek an outfitter to help plan your first trip/ route.

Friday, April 19, 2013

I spent almost two weeks, canoeing, hiking and camping. I met two bears, lots of chipmunks, squirrels, birds and mosquitoes. Oh yes, all the jokes about mosquitoes being the Minnesota state bird are well earned. The wild blueberries were in season when I was there so I had plenty of fresh fruit to go with my dehydrated camping foods.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017