Bass and Dry Lake Loop

Bass and Dry Lake Loop is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ely, Minnesota that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

nice trail. went counter clockwise around bass lake and cut back through dry falls.

Great trail with good mix of terrain. Hiked the Dry lake loop with the pup. Lots of blow downs but well maintained.

This is an excellent hike, one of the best in the area. Its closer to 6.2 miles.

Wonderful hike! We didn't have much time and so hiked to Dry Falls, enjoying the views along the way. We saw loads of birds, and we enjoyed the trail itself with the moderately challenging terrain and forest setting. My husband actually said that this was his favorite trail in Minnesota!

A perfect trail run followed by swim at the falls! Big storm in late July but all clear now thanks to the forest service.

Great trail with nice views. Nice stop along the trail with waterfalls and a stream to relax and cool off.

We hike to Dry Falls every year with kids from 1-10. It is challenging and fun. Bring snacks and swim suits!

Moderately difficult climbing in certain areas, but our 10 year old breezed through it. Save yourself daylight to get back!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Nice trail. Not as well marked as I expected so don't go late in the day and risk it getting dark. Rocky terrain and the lake is really beautiful.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Very fun and relaxing hike. Be careful to not do this in the dark if you aren't familiar.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I completed this with my 11 year old daughter leading the way and we thought it was exceptional. The trail is narrow and at times hard to follow which added to the experience. The views are amazing from many different altitudes. Did I mention the waterfall? We loved this trail and at about 4 hours to complete found the challenge quiet exciting.