Woodland Trail

Woodland Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near White Lake, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This was a wonderful, well-groomed trail. Just for hikers. Take your big spray! We loved this quick hike!

I’ve missed this trail on previous visits. It’s overshadowed by the paved hike/bike trail. But it’s a hidden gem! Perfect length for me but several shortcuts can make the trail longer or shorter. Quiet and well groomed. Very easy to navigate. There are informational signs and plenty of places to rest. There weren’t a lot of bugs. Wildflower meadows make butterflies abundant.

So many bugs that follow and surround you all throughout the trail that it ruins the experience. If you do head out, do NOT forget bug spray.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

The trail was lovely and well maintained through the woods, but the real standout was the wildflower garden/meadow! It was genuinely stunning!! August was a great time be be there, but I want to see it all seasons. I traded my day pass in for an annual on the way out!
Amended 8/10/17-- for pete's sake, bring bug spray!

Monday, February 29, 2016

It was really really wet with melting snow but the potential is really lovely. Cannot wait to go back in spring, summer and fall. Lake is lovely.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

This is a very flat and easy trail. My wife and I walked this trail on a hot and humid day in June and we forgot the bug spray. Big mistake! It was nice that most of the trail is in a forested area. There is also a large swampy area (hence the bugs) that has a really nice board-walk. There is a lot of wildlife in this park as you can see from my photos.

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Have to say probably one of the best trails in the area that are rated easy. Too many easy trails end up being just urban hike paths. This is a true woodland forest path with a lot of wildlife. I would recommend to my cousin who is in a wheelchair for getting out and seeing nature.

recorded Woodland trail 3.1