Learn more

Woldumar Nature Center

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(159)
Benjamin F Davis Park

Woldumar Nature Center is a 1.9 mile loop trail located near Dimondale, Michigan that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 78 feet Route Type: Loop

recorded Woldumar Nature Center

Mix of wide and narrow trails. Well marked. Bring the bug spray. Nice variation of scenery and lookouts/benches along the trails. Ponds and river views.

Pretty solid trail system and park. Really nice park grounds. The start of the red trail may be the best part as it goes through the pine forest. The rest of the trail tends to be buggy and muddy. A lot of the trails cut through wet marshy areas. This probably explains the bugs and the mud. That being said this is Michigan in the early parts of summer and late parts of spring = rainy and bugs. Give this trail system a shot, but aim for a date in which it has been dry for a little bit.

Great trail for hiking. Walked orange, blue and Red route today need to check green one next time.

Beautiful trails. We took our dogs and they loved it.

Followed the red and yellow trail today with our pups. Had a great time! Pretty muddy but trails very easy to follow and not a lot of people around. Would definitely recommend !

Super muddy and overall I would say a trail best for people with little kids

The start of the trail was great but toward the middle the trails start to combine which is fine but it was difficult to figure out which trail is which. There’s marking of the trails but toward the middle it’s kind of everywhere and hard to figure out what trail you’re in. Some parts are washed out and some trees have fallen so it gets confusing toward the end.

This is one of the prettiest trails we’ve been on in the area since we moved to Lansing 1.5 years ago. The nature center is VERY cute and would be fun for kids. There’s so nice elevation change, and there are four different trails ranging from .7-1.9 miles or so. Knowing which trail to continue on can be a tiny bit confusing when you’er at a juncture, but if you grab a map at the parking lot of the nature center, you should be fine. I can only imagine how buggy and algae-y it would be during the summer, but in March, it was gorgeous. A couple of muddy spots out in the fields, but everywhere else was fine. Lots of variety in view - creeks, lagoons, woods, fields - and my dog was a VERY happy pup. We will be back.

We had a lovely day hiking the trails with the pups. Snow and ice is melting, so there's some mud. We saw some deer and squirrel on the trails, we didn't run into anyone else. Clean, well marked paths, and maps throughout. A great place for some peace and quiet.

Great walking trails with prairie trails to beautiful wooded paths.

Nicely groomed trails with many short loops to choose from. I pieced together 3 miles hiking through pine forests & maple forests with portions of the trail along the Grand River and small ponds. $2 donation if you are not a member of the Woldumar Nature Center. Worth it in my opinion!

Nice scenic trail with 4 different paths you can choose from. Mostly shaded though wooded area adjoining lake with a small open meadow area. Enjoyable walk or trail run

Sat Jun 29 2019

Wed Jun 26 2019

Sat May 25 2019

Nice peaceful hike. I am not sure why it is rated as moderate though. It is very easy. I ended up walking every sub trail. I think I totaled around 3.8 miles. The trail was marked very well. I certainly would walk this agian.

Sat May 18 2019

This trail is a little short, but it’s probably the best place to hike in Lansing. Filled with bountiful wildlife, diverse terrains, and adventure in every step, Woldumar is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon.

Sat May 04 2019

Good trails well-kept little wet today but normally probably very nice.

Fri Mar 22 2019

Great place to clear your head if you need to :)

Mon Mar 18 2019

Very well cared for area. Really great trails!

Thu Oct 18 2018

Nice area and very scenic.

Wed Oct 17 2018

A nice nature trail considering it's just outside of Lansing. Relatively secluded, occasional noise from the nearby road, but very scenic.

Sat Aug 18 2018

We went around 8am and ran into her me person on the trails. There are so many different options for trails that you could have a different experience each time. We will be going back!

Sun Jul 08 2018

Nice trails inside city limits, easy walking for everyone. Can expand the loop or reduce it for easy time management. Like it for a small walk in the woods.

Mon Jun 04 2018

Beautiful trails! They can get buggy so spray before you walk :)

Fri May 11 2018

Pretty and peaceful. Went on a cool and overcast day so there weren’t many people on the trail. Easy hike for all ages.

Thu Apr 26 2018

A few different trails to take. I found myself adding on length throughout that way I could enjoy the entirety of the nature center. I’m glad I did because at the end of my last stretch I notice a late snapping turtle in a creek. Was really neat to see up close and got some photos. Will definitely be back!

Thu Mar 08 2018

It’s a well-used trail. School kids, dogs with people all along the trail. The noise from a nearby road is ever-present. It was just all right