Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

West Bloomfield Woods Nature Preserve Trail

easy(150)
West Bloomfield, Michigan

West Bloomfield Woods Nature Preserve Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Bloomfield, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail is a little muddy, but it’s the consistency of modeling clay today. Great rolling hills hike with our dog!

icy

Great trail! Well maintained, overlooks and lots of trees. The trail is wide enough for a group and there are benches if you want to sit down. Slight elevation changes kept it interesting.

It was a nice mellow walk through the woods. There was actually a nice little elevation through out. Little rolling hills. A good beginner walk. Easy to follow.

nice casual walk. wide trail perfect for conversing while taking in the wooded landscape and casual rolling hills. More of a walk than a hike

Great trail! Easy and well maintained with plenty of parking. My dogs loved it. We saw a couple of deer romping around during our hike. I definitely recommend!

Well groomed, packed stone trail for a scenic walk in a wooded area. Ample parking and leashed dog friendly. The only drawback is how close houses are to parts of the trail.

as always a great trail. the one annoying thing is that there's a lot of abandoned dog poop bags on the trail. this is why non-dog owners hate us, people. we aren't picking up our sh!t and littering with single use plastic on our trails.

one of my favorite trails to walk with my pup! it is well paved so it's beginner friendly but also has enough variation in elevation to be slightly challenging. Also beautiful scenery. I always see a lot of deer.

Nice trail with a few overlooks, but not much going on.

I really enjoyed this trail. Nice shade. The trail was in good condition. A few overlooks (the one over the pond is great). Decent amount of wildlife. Some elevation and change of topography. Accommodates walking, running and dogs. I think you can bike on the trail, not 100% sure, but there is a hard pack long distance trail that runs near the trail, too.

West Bloomfield trail is great for running walking or biking. very little elevation lots of shade

lots of wildlife! trail well-marked with visible signs periodically.

Great trail but easy to make a wrong turn

Beautiful trail, saw at least ten snakes (I lost count after ten) while walking. Also saw turtles and deer, enjoyed this trail and wasn’t as mosquito filled as I thought it would be given all the stagnant bodies of water!

We saw at least a dozen snakes today!

lots of spring flowers

The trail was nice, medium traffic, a lot of dogs and some weren't super friendly to our dog. People were nice and the trail was well maintained. We saw a lot of deer and birds, which was nice.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Trail was nice, calm, and very lightly trafficked. A little muddy so wear your boots!

Wed Jan 09 2019

Wooded loop tucked along Clinton River Trail in West Bloomfield. Easy, peaceful path that’s never very crowded and I always see at least one deer. Gravel dirt mix in spots, typically kept up but still gets pretty muddy. Expanded parking lot a couple years (or so?) ago.

Fri Jan 04 2019

Nice easy trail with several manageable inclines.

Tue Jan 01 2019

Nice trail. Went in the winter but would come back for the fall foliage.