Walk-a-Mile Trail

Walk-a-Mile Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Muskegon, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 150 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Located in Hoffmaster State Park. The trail has scenic ravines, beautiful foliage, and you can hear the sounds of the waves crashing on the Lake Michigan Shoreline.

calm

took the two dogs and had a nice hike

Easy hike with two boys. Dogs are allowed contrary to what it says above. Wish I would have know we would have brought our dog. There are some hills and roots.

Great for beginners, although a lot of large roots make it hard for those with weak knees or ankles.

Nice trail. I would rate more at moderate than easy due to elevation changes and tree roots. Just a note....in the winter you have to park aways out and walk in to the trailhead.

Absolutely beautiful trail. You can also take the path north and get on top of the blowout dune for an incredible 360 degree view.

Pretty easy 1.7 miles. Beautiful scenery.

Slightly hilly . Scenic view of Lake Michigan 2/3 the way through. Mostly woodlands with tree roots to navigate around, which I could see being slippery if wet. All in all a nice short trail.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

This trail is dog friendly, the beach is not. We bring our dog all the time but turn around and head back when we hit the beach. A lot of people do this with their dogs :)

Monday, December 04, 2017

Perfect distance for a nice relaxing walk!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Beautiful hike and swim with the kids.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Excellent afternoon hike. Perfect around dusk.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

I would rate this Trail moderate over easy because of all the roots in the trail and the amount of hills. It is a beautiful trail! About half of the trail is wooded ravines, the other half is the beach. You can walk along the beach or up in the dunes. Once the woods cleared into the dunes and lakeshore I ended up going right instead of left. There's a small trail that leads to a dune in the middle of the woods. Amazing view, but then you need to turn around and head back to the trail to continue along the beach.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Beautiful

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Beautiful! Many turns throughout the wooded area. There are a few hills and several tree roots in the trails which made the hike a tiny bit more challenging then I was expecting. Once you hike up the sand dune that leads you out of the woods to Lake Michigan there is an orange arrow spray painted on a tree pointing towards the lake. In retrospect, I think that was an indication of the direction I should have gone to continue on the actual trail. Because I had my dog with me and there were signs saying that dogs were not allowed on the beach I ended up cutting through some wooded sand dunes to make my way back. Even before that little detour I had already hiked 2 miles, so this trail is definitely longer than 1.7 miles...my estimate is that it's closer to 2.5 miles. Its a great trial and I can't wait to go back.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Great quiet easy walk up and down through dunes and forest, my dog loved it!! Terminates on the crashing shores of lake MI and that's fun but we only stayed for 5 minutes bc the rangers are strict on the beaches about dogs. Even though we literally saw ZERO people. Gorgeous end-of-summer-hike-with-hound.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great view and nice quiet walk

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Easy, pretty, fun. Well groomed trail. Leads to the beach. Walk along beach to the main entrance to complete it

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

This is a fun trail that travels the ups and downs of the forested dunes and ends with a stretch along Lake Michigan. According to my GPS app, it is 1.8 miles for the loop. There are some ups and downs on the trail and a short trek on the dune at the lake.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

This little trail climbs on top of ridges and over tree roots. It is curvy and exciting. You never know what is going to be around the next corner. It leads straight to the beautiful Lake Michigan beach.

recorded Walk-a-Mile Trail