Valley, Meadow and Windbreak Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(183)
Heritage Park

Valley, Meadow and Windbreak Trail Loop is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Farmington, Michigan that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

Pets aren’t allowed but very nice trails with many close deer. Will definitely come back.

closed

Enjoyed the trails at Heritage Park today. Not muddy on any routes we took. Nature Discovery Trail was closed. Good balance of sun and shade depending on your route. Trails could be slightly better marked as there are random side trails/paths that can throw you off if you’re not familiar or if you don’t have a map. Not too busy on the trails but the picnic areas had a decent amount of people. I like that you can spend a short amount of time here or take your time and make an afternoon out of it. Can’t wait to come back!

in this time of physical distancing, i’m looking for rainy days for backpacking. i also need to test my new columbia outdry jacket. it wetted through in a few spots during a 90 hike in a steady, soaking rain. i was mostly dry, except for perspiration.

Great trail. Lots of mosquitoes.

Okay trail through the woods.

Nice park but no dogs allowed. Won’t be back.

Combo of hard and soft trails, good condition, soft paths can have a lot of elevation. Fair warning though, was very busy on a nice day.

closed
flooded

Peaceful trail, following a small babbling brook. the trail was quite muddy, and many branching trails were closed off. Overall, a very enjoyable trail

Great trail! Some of the trails were closed though so had to improvise. Very good for running

a second march trek!

Gorgeous trail, but not well groomed or marked. However, I did just fine having the Alltrails app out while running. Was here in the mid-morning on a weekend and only saw one other car and lots of deer.

Great trail. Very well maintained. A few hills to keep it interesting and a little challenging for beginners.

Wasn't too bad of a hike. Did this Christmas day with the beautiful weather we had. Good enough to get me out of the house and feet moving. I've just never liked hiking and seeing houses. Pretty much hiking in someone's backyard at some points. But overall, decent trail for a nice walk.

Was really excited to hike a new park with my dog, but there are no pets allowed. I dont understand a city park not allowing leashed pets.

Great trail, went running on today. The trees have begun fall foliage colors and on this sunny morning were very beautiful. Saw a doe grazing in the forest from the river loop trail. Many bold black squirrels and blue jays darting about are easily spotted. Hills are tough for runners, probably not very hard if your walking them. I almost rated 5 star but the paved sections bummed me out enough to take away that nature feeling.

It is a nice trail. I think it is definitely on the easy side of moderate. Lots of wildlife. I saw a 16 turkeys crossing the trail to get closer to the river and lots of deer.

Fun, shady, breezy. I was skeptical of the moderate rating at first because it started as pavement, but quickly became a pretty forest hike. Lots of black squirrels, chipmunks, ground squirrels, deer, and I came across a pet cemetery from the 30s/40s.

Great trail!

It was really enjoyable. I’m a new hiker, only really have hiked in the last 6 months with a few hikes over the years. It definitely is fairly easy with a few hills here and there but definitely not too challenging for a beginner in decent shape. The trails have pavement, rocks, sand/mud and when I went it was mostly dry. There’s a river and I saw some wildlife such as, wild turkeys, chipmunks, squirrels, and deer. It wasn’t too busy when I went but there seem t he events here a lot in the public areas such as weddings and picnics.

Very nice trail with a lot of possible activities, esp. for kids. Parts of the trail are a little muddy maybe because of the rain yesterday, but it didn’t bother me. Lots of wild flowers and berries! Saw a few deers along the trail! Amazing trail!

a little rain is good for training! troop 263 is ready for manistee. the trail is i. excellent shape

We absolutely loved this hike. Felt like we went up north without having to leave the metro area. Lots of delicious wild black raspberries and mulberries to feast on too. If you have a kid, even better. The kids camp area is super well done!