T.K. Lawless Singletrack

T.K. Lawless Singletrack is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vandalia, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

7 different loops that add up to about ten miles. Just follow the signs with the number of loop you want to be on

I loved this location! I took my two boys 7 and 9 and they did really well on an intermediate 1.5 mike hike. There was some wildlife and plenty of variation in elevation making the hike much more interesting visually and more of a physical challenge for the kids. There were quite a few people on the grounds so it felt safe but as we hiked there wasn’t much noise and we only ran into other visitors once on the trails. I can’t wait to head back on my own and go for a much longer stroll!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Enjoyed the ride with my daughter today. Very well-kept trail. Nice and shady on a hot day. Definitely not for first-timers or novice. Lots of elevation change kept it interesting and fun. Very technical in parts adding to the fun factor. Trail head clearly marked and trail markers as well. Not sure how the red and green trails worked; left me a bit confused. Totally recommend.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Easy to navigate, marked well. No one on the trail except us on a Saturday afternoon. A little muddy but only because it rained last night. Lots of trails to do and lots of stuff to see.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Great trail. Tight and fast.

Monday, November 07, 2016

nice and quiet and secluded

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Technically fast. One of my favorites. Good for single speed.

Friday, November 06, 2015

This trail will become one of my local favorites. A good hike with plenty of variation in the walk. Look forward to biking the trails in the spring.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Pretty good trail through the woods. The biggest challenge is the length ... no real difficult obstacles to overcome other than some roots and some hills. Great beginner trail especially if you are trying to build up some endurance! I rode the full 10 miles on a hot & humid day ... the heat and some mud spots from a rain storm the night before made it a bigger challenge than what I imagine it would typically be. Trail has a first stage of 6 miles and then a second stage of 4 additional miles. I enjoyed the final 4 miles better than the first 6, so if and when I go back then I'd most likely ride the final 4 mile stage twice.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This trail is only 25 minutes from my house and is always with the the drive. My wife and I have hiked it already 6 times and always enjoy it. There is a Frisbee golf course set up but everyone one I've seen play are quiet and pleasant. We have seen birds aplenty and tons of lake wild life. We are going that someday Cass county will offer public camping there.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Great trail in the middle of nowhere! Corn fields on outskirts of wooded area. Fairly fast track in many places.

Monday, May 14, 2012

This trail may be above my skill/comfort level. There are a ton of hills, lots of roots and stones, a lot of tight weaving in and out of trees. I fell several times, it was a little rough for me.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trail 7 and 5 for hiking, can hike 5-7 miles if you combine both trails.
Eagle nest off of trail 7, although I think it is empty this year. (2012)

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Great, somewhat hidden track. I came out with my bike on a whim mostly because I was bored with other biking options in the area. I was surprised with the number of fun drops and trail variety. Roughly half way through there is an option to bail and head back to the parking lot or to soldier on. If you soldier on you get to experience some of the more advanced elements of the track, including some steeper climbs, more rapid and dramatic drops, and one or two great downhill rides. The scenery is plenty pleasant and the track is long enough that you truly get absorbed into what you're doing. The one drawback is that if you manage to run up behind a slower rider, you're pretty much at the mercy of how courteous they want to be. All in all its a great ride away from the city, nestled into a hidden, uncrowded pocket of nature and I would seriously recommend it to anyone in the area.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

This is a fun trail. Fast moving drops, wild life is everywhere. 6 deer, 1000 chipmunks, 300 squirrels, and a few bush wackers cutting the over grown vegetation covering the path. Switch backs every direction. Sweet ups & downs, moderate climbs. No real danger here, well kept track. Poison oak everywhere.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I think for around this area this place not compareable to anything around. There are plenty of hills and deep woods hiking. They could put up more signs because along trail 7 there are many y's on the trail. I like advanced trails. Many ups and downs and they offer more moderate to easy trails too if that is your thing. I hiked my dog here. I am definitely going back. This place is a very cool secret. There is also sledding, and baseball diamonds here.

Monday, June 05, 2017