Sugarloaf Recreation Trail

Sugarloaf Recreation Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marquette, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike. Remenber your yak tracks in the winter. Trail and stairs will be slippery and icy. The view is great!!

Decent scenery

Stairs were much easier than climbing the rocks but the climb was worth the view.

Great hike. Beautiful views.

Great place to hike with a beautiful view once you get to the top! wish it was longer but still very nice.

View is absolutely great

Great trail! Views are incredible from the platforms. Definitely worth taking time out to do.

one of the best views I've seen. easy but wear good shoes. easy to roll an ankle..

Great day with the family!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Super pretty views at the top. They have an easier and more difficult trail. The rocks very very cool as well.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Wow, is all I can say. Your eyes have to take it in.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Lots of stairs but we did it and the views were great!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Beautiful views, well worth the hike. 6 of us went ages from 13-46. Lots of stairs. There is an easy path and a more difficult path. We took the more difficult path. I would say if your half to 3/4 in good shape the path we took would be the path you want to take. Real rocky up hill path.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Did this hike with my husband (at the time boyfriend) when I went to visit him at college and loved it! Hike up is not too bad and the view is excellent overlooking Lake Superior and surrounding land. We saw a couple of lizards on our hike as well.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Was a great hike to the top of sugarloaf !
Went up the easy side and down the difficult , beautiful views of Marquette and presque isle!

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Done sugarloaf a handful of times. Nice trail, beautiful scenery, overall short and easy hike. I recommend taking the trail up but forging your own way back down. Only complaint was the overwhelming amount of broken glass and cigarette butts. I've never hiked a location that was treated so poorly.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

This location has an easy and a difficult trail. The easy trail has about 14 flights of stairs up to the top of the mountain; but the trail itself is moderate (rocky, roots, erosion). It was enjoyable.

Monday, May 23, 2016

This trail is very easy. It's a nice and short hike. i do this one with my baby strapped to me when I just want to get some fresh air. there are even stairs with railings for people who maybe aren't used to hiking.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Hope you like stair masters because almost the entire hike to the top is stairs. While this is a nice feature for families or for people who aren't used to hiking in general it is a bit tedious to say the least. The view from the top of Sugarloaf is the only saving grace on this hike.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

the hike to the top is quite quick. At the top there are many viewing platforms.