South Long Lake Trail

South Long Lake Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Traverse City, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

If you’re looking to get a quick hike then this is your spot!! I grew up in the Long Lake area which is about 12 miles west of Traverse City. Long lake is absolutely stunning with very clean water. This trail is quick and during this hike you’ll get a little taste of what long lake is all about...peaceful!

very scenic and great for beginners.

Loved it! Beautiful!! Great place for a relaxing walk in early September, perfect time of year.
Although I would have loved to walk/hike alone, I'd say this trail is stroller friendly. I pushed our "all-terrain" stroller with my two year old, which was somewhat bumpy from tree roots and a bit of a challenge up small hills. Besides that, it definitely was worth the experience of a nature adventure with my daughter, both of us very much enjoyed it together.

Nice trail, lots of up and down. Don't forget the bug spray!!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2016