Sleepy Hollow Trail

Sleepy Hollow Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ovid Twp, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love Sleepy Hollow. It's our local "go to" trail.

We love sleepy hollow trails! Lots of kid friendly trails as well.

Lots of trails to choose from! Favorite local place to view the fall colors, go kayaking on Lake Ovid or to go fishing / swimming. They even have a small dog beach not far off of the main swimming area. Haven't had a chance to camp here yet, but hopefully before the summer is over! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Somehow ended up on the horse trail but prolly more my fault than anything else. Great trails and scenery along w/a nice beach area!

Great trail around Sleepy Hollow State Park. I'm just getting into hiking, and it was long enough to challenge me and tire me out, but not too challenging. Saw a couple snakes and a deer run out in front of me. There is more traffic near the campground areas, but once you walk out a couple miles into the loop, less traffic. There are a few roads to cross, but not too busy. Good trees along the way for hanging a hammock. Didn't have any problems with bugs, but I was also wearing repellent, so that probably helped. Saw a couple fallen trees across different sections of the trails, but it wasn't difficult for me to get around them. Lots of wildflowers! A handful of muddy spots.

Great place! Trails pretty muddy in March (expected that) great marked trails and lots of them. Beautiful lake, great for kayaking. Lots of amenities, dock, Pavilions, restrooms.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The trail as pictured is mostly the equestrian trail, which is an ankle breaker, be careful. It joins with the hiking / mountain biking trails in some areas. You can make it much more challenging by adding 2 varied routes, which I'll be loading later, if I can figure it out. With the other routes I'd say difficult.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hiked after heavy rains. Not bad. A little slick in some areas. But a good trail. Some bugs, would suggest bug spray and watch out for the occasional snake.

Saturday, August 13, 2016