Sleepy Hollow Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ovid Twp, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

the trail was beautiful and peaceful. For a Saturday it wasn't to busy and there wasn't a lot of people on the trail.

Nice well maintained trail that is good for all skill levels

Accidentally turned onto the horse trail but didn’t turn back because I thought it would intersect again with the hiking path. It finally did but not til I reached the other side of the lake. Easy to navigate, lots of wildlife, lakes, ponds, swamps. Met up with a deer under a tunnel of trees, which was pretty cool. Just getting into hiking, this was my first trail. I would do the trail again.

Still very wet and muddy in parts but the park put out signs to warn people which is nice. A good pair of hiking boots and a walking stick to balance around puddles are a must right now. Excellent trail markers.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Love Sleepy Hollow. It's our local "go to" trail.

Monday, September 04, 2017

We love sleepy hollow trails! Lots of kid friendly trails as well.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Lots of trails to choose from! Favorite local place to view the fall colors, go kayaking on Lake Ovid or to go fishing / swimming. They even have a small dog beach not far off of the main swimming area. Haven't had a chance to camp here yet, but hopefully before the summer is over! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Somehow ended up on the horse trail but prolly more my fault than anything else. Great trails and scenery along w/a nice beach area!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Great trail around Sleepy Hollow State Park. I'm just getting into hiking, and it was long enough to challenge me and tire me out, but not too challenging. Saw a couple snakes and a deer run out in front of me. There is more traffic near the campground areas, but once you walk out a couple miles into the loop, less traffic. There are a few roads to cross, but not too busy. Good trees along the way for hanging a hammock. Didn't have any problems with bugs, but I was also wearing repellent, so that probably helped. Saw a couple fallen trees across different sections of the trails, but it wasn't difficult for me to get around them. Lots of wildflowers! A handful of muddy spots.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Great place! Trails pretty muddy in March (expected that) great marked trails and lots of them. Beautiful lake, great for kayaking. Lots of amenities, dock, Pavilions, restrooms.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The trail as pictured is mostly the equestrian trail, which is an ankle breaker, be careful. It joins with the hiking / mountain biking trails in some areas. You can make it much more challenging by adding 2 varied routes, which I'll be loading later, if I can figure it out. With the other routes I'd say difficult.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hiked after heavy rains. Not bad. A little slick in some areas. But a good trail. Some bugs, would suggest bug spray and watch out for the occasional snake.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Most parts of the trails covered in water. My hubby and I took 8 mile full loop,great experience except few snakes and water on trails.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nice easy trail, no steep areas, the island may be a little difficult for some who don't like holding on to trees and such to get around certain areas. Beautiful views and the beach area is nice as well.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Great scenery but bland for mountain biking. Terrain is flat and quite soggy at times. However, it beats being in a corn field or Walmart parking lot!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sleepy Hollow is an okay trail for biking but the other activities make up for it. The campgroung is a good place for a family.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ran two trail loops (approx 21.5 miles). Trail is moderately technical. Roots, rocks, gradual hills. All-in-all a great trail running terrain.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Not very challenging, terrain-wise for mountain biking, unless the western half is flooded. But it is a nice, scenic trail. If you are in the area go check it out.

Friday, April 20, 2012

This is a nice place for a peaceful, easy hike. I took my dog as well and we had a great time that was very manageable. Some great sights as well.

recorded sleepy hollow state park