Sinkholes Pathway

Sinkholes Pathway is a 1.9 mile loop trail located near Onaway, Michigan that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until November.

I recently was staying near by and walked the trail every mornig. Nice 2 mile walk fairly easy. I enjoyed the walks in Northern Michigan woods :-)

I have visited the first sinkhole off the road for over 10 years and finally decided to hike the whole trail this summer. It's a very nice scenic area to explore.

Nice hike. I came too early for the Fall season, but I'm guessing it will be gorgeous for Fall peak colors.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Short, easy hike around 2 - 5 sinkholes. I last visited these in 1966, when the trees in them were much smaller. Now, they are heavily forested so it's harder to tell exactly what they are. But it's a pleasant hike on an extremely well marked trail. Approx 2.2 mile loop though there's a shorter option. Worthwhile if you're in the area.

Monday, October 10, 2016