Ridge Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hamlin Township, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

partially paved

The start of the Canoe Trail is the beach at the Hamlin Lake day use area of Ludington State Park. There are restrooms and a concession that rents canoes and kayaks at the launch.

Incredibly gorgeous with more varied terrain than I’ve seen even in mountain country. The climb up the dune is a challenge but will reward with beautiful vistas of Lake Michigan. Heavily trafficked? We saw no one on the trail on a Monday afternoon.

I took the Lost Lake Trail, Island, then Ridge. It ended up being 4.15 miles according to my gps. This Trail was not easy at all, more like moderate. Beautiful views, so proud of myself for conquering this solo!

I did this trail along with the lost lake & island trail in December after a heavy snowfall. At points the snow drifts were up to my knees and absolutely no trail to follow. Admittedly I lost the trail a few times but they are marked so well that it was easy to get back on track. This run was absolutely epic! With the extreme cold, whipping winds, crazy climbs and stunning views this was definitely a run to remember. I can’t wait to make it back!

Sunday, October 01, 2017

We hit the park on a couple of amazing days weather wise. Made for some great time in the woods.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Loved this hike, was more wooded then I first expected, but all in all wonderful.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Best trail to experience the essence of Ludington State Park. Great trail for wildlife viewing off-season.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

I found this trail to be more "moderate" than easy. Great views with some up and down climbs. More difficult than Island Trail, but beautiful!

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Just a portion of our hiking over in Ludington. One of my favorites with a nice mix of woods, beach, and views of the dunes and Lake Michigan. Moderately challenging and surprisingly not very busy for a weekend in July. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Great views! You can even find mini beaches if you want somewhere to swim without the crowd.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

One of the best state parks to camp and hike. Multiple hiking trails of decent length and great views and good times all around.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Very nice walk along the river with many places to get into the water. Mostly on a paved trail so it is an easy walk.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

We spent a really nice early fall afternoon out on Hamlin Lake. The temperature was perfect and the bugs were gone. A few years ago we did this in early July and bug spray was a must.

The trail took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete. I would plan on at least a couple hours for this trip. We paddled at a fairly good pace and didn't take any breaks along the way. The conditions were also perfect without any wind to slow us down in either direction.

There are more pictures and info on our blog: http://www.mymichigantrips.com/more-MI-travel-info/day_trips/ludington-canoe-trail.html

recorded 6oi.p