Red Pine Loop

Red Pine Loop is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Olive, Michigan that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pigeon Creek is a 300 acre Ottawa county facility located in West Olive, Michigan. This small park is frequented primarily by locals for walking, hiking, dog walking, horse back riding, and mountain biking during the warmer months and cross country skiing in the winter.

This area isn’t open to hiking or dogs during the winter! It is only for cross country skiing

Great trails. They do a great job maintaining. Easy trail to run. Pretty flat.

have walked these trails numerous times with the pup...always friendly people and well groomed

Thursday, July 27, 2017

I've only done this trail on horseback, and I loved it! Gorgeous to do at sunset & even has a great stretch to canter!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Great day trip with my dog. Plenty of route options while you're on the trail to shorten or extend your hike. Ate lunch in the "picnic area" after

Monday, October 24, 2016

Easy, flat walking trail.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Beautiful park with nice trails. The waterside location makes it especially appealing to the person who appreciates nature and generally there are different species of animals to view.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Very low traffic. Good calming yet energizing walk with nature.

Friday, December 11, 2015

have always loved this trail system

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Ran 10k in the trails, only saw one person, two deer and about 20 squirrels. Very good, I shall return!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

the trail was very clearly mapped out and a very easy, quick hike

off road driving
Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I love this park! So much to do every time of year! :D

Monday, June 15, 2015

Very beautiful nature-filled trails great for biking or hiking. Easy trails for the more casual rider but some sandy areas and one large scary hill. One of my favorite trails though!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Trails were really nice and well kept. Beautiful scenery!

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Went skiing here for the first time this week. The trails were beautiful and well groomed and there were even some hills (those were a lot of fun). I would highly recommend it.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

We live very close to this trail and because of this we have never hiked here! Our mistake. The trails are very nicely shaded and quite pleasant to walk on for casual hiking. Mosquitoes were a bit of an issue but a little spray took care of that. We walked the two outside loops on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and still only saw a couple of other people, and based on the overall feel of the place we plan to also come back with grandchildren for sledding and do some cross-county skiing, also.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

My husband and I hiked this trail with the four legged babies today. It was mostly shaded, very well marked with numerous maps along the way, and a wide trail. There were several benches for water breaks. We noticed a lot of people mountain biking, but there was plenty of trail for bikers to get around us and the dogs. We are definitely coming back to these trails to explore the loops we didnt get to today.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Not a great trail too do after a rain. it was very soft for mountain biking.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

My wife and I went to go hiking but couldn't because they close the trails down during winter for cross country skiing. The ski rentals are very reasonable in price and also offer rentals on ski skates and snow shoes. It was an awesome experience!

Thursday, February 02, 2012

This is a very nice park in the winter time (I have not visited yet in the warmer months). They have numerous ski trail loops that are groomed and track set. The lodge is great with a roaring wood fireplace, concessions, and ski/snowshoe rentals. I know they have a good amount of lighted trails for night skiing. Entrance to park is free an skiing is free with the exception of rental cost if needed.

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Spent half a day here. Lots of diff trails and well marked. Some heavily shaded, some not so shaded. AT&T and Verizon both work somewhat throughout trails. Mostly flat and level with a few small sandy hills.

Friday, September 23, 2011

We took my son on a walk after preschool, then later when my ddaughter got out of class we went back for a hike this was a great FIRST HIKE for them, I hope to teach them all the things about nature we learned from my father and training this way they can enjoyit in their future, we ocasionally walk a trail and have a lunch on it, in a tree, on a log etc. I LOVE NATURE!!! and we have been doing a bit of picking up of trash that we come across throughout our hikes or drives through the bush....THANKS ALLTRAILS< GREAT SITE!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy to find this convenient group of trails during a visit to Holland, MI with my wife. Did 5-6 miles of running and had a great time on the well marked trails.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

When i have lived in MI all my life and pigeon creek is a very nice walk or bike ride. There are plenty of different routs to take and many ways to get back to the parking lot. I lived 15 mins away from it and have gone there more times than i can count. All seasons its a good time. Winter they have sleading on a hill next to entrance. Snowshoeing and cross country skiing is amazing even more at night they have some of the trails lighted.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Took my Grandaughter with me a nice easy walk. Some hills, we did the outer loop and checked out a couple overlooks. nice and peaceful saw a couple people on the trail. Saw some little animals running around. By my calculations we did about 6 miles. The trails were marked very good. plenty of maps to let you know were you are. plenty of chances to cut your hike short if you want, many options to get back to the trail head.