Red Pine Loop is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Olive, Michigan that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 65 feet Route Type: Loop

Pigeon Creek is a 300 acre Ottawa county facility located in West Olive, Michigan. This small park is frequented primarily by locals for walking, hiking, dog walking, horse back riding, and mountain biking during the warmer months and cross country skiing in the winter.

1 hour ago

For flat trails in West Michigan this has to be one of the nicest in the area. I hike all over and for a local park this now one of my favorites. You should check it out for sure Im not sure but while walking on the trails I noticed a lot of posts with lights. It seems that there may be lite paths a night but not sure.

Great trail, very few people but a lot of bugs (bring bug spray)! Many options for length - we did the loop and then went across the street and combined another loop to make our hike about 5 miles. Great scenery!

flooded

Cool trail - very wet and flooded.

Pretty hike through the woods. Well marked. Really liked that it was one way, didn’t pass any people. One bike went past us but other than that we didn’t see anyone near us.

This was a cute walk. There were a ton of people. This is a theme right now. I enjoyed exploring all the attached trails and it added length to my hike. Would do again.

One of the best trails I’ve walked with my pup. Wide well- groomed extremely well-marked trails. Easy walking and pretty with some variety as to views. Would be nice to have more elevation changes but very much balanced by all the positives. Saw a couple of women on horses-fun! Even with all the cars in the huge parking lot, due to the extensive trails I didn’t feel crushed by others. We will absolutely return.

Wide path was nice.

My favorite trail!!!!

Great quiet place, family friendly, lots of dogs. Trails were in pretty good shape given time of year, muddy in some areas but not too bad. Will definitely be back! You can walk as long or short as you would like, lots of options. Very well maintained.

very easy walk probably alot better when leaves are in bloom

Excellent signage, every trail branch is well marked. Trails are well groomed, dogs loved it.

Red Pine Loop Pigeon Creek 3.1 mile 10-1-19

A nice stroll, exactly the distance I was looking for. There was one part that has loose gravel, so be careful going down the hill. Lots of places to sit throughout. Some trails were not marked on the map, but I’m sure they were just as beautiful.

Well marked trail with maintained path and lots to see. Bugs were a minimum. only a few near standing water. Recommend avoiding creek views if you want to avoid the few buggy spots, that said, we took every outer loop and view we could! Took our 9 year-old and two pups on this one. Everyone had fun.

Mountain bike ride was great! Love the wide trail that meanders through the woods...even stirred up a white tail! Few small hills, just enough to get your heart rate up a bit! Will definitely be back!

A little buggy but my pup and I loved it!

very well marked trails and solar lighting not too crowded

Thu May 30 2019

Beautiful for biking in summer and skiing in winter!

Wed May 08 2019

Pigeon Creek 2.7 mile 5-8-19

Sat Mar 23 2019

Super well marked trails with a great variety of tree species! Nice for an easy walk or a moderate one if you take some additional trails.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Nice late winter hike many trails to go on, some Ice, snow and Mud, but it’s March in Michigan. Not open to dogs or hiking when there is snow as it is used for skiing, sledding and snow shoeing

Sat Sep 15 2018

Nice park for an easy hike/walk. Lots of different trail options for various length hikes.

Sat Jun 02 2018

Sat Dec 16 2017

This area isn’t open to hiking or dogs during the winter! It is only for cross country skiing

Sat Dec 02 2017

Great trails. They do a great job maintaining. Easy trail to run. Pretty flat.

Fri Sep 29 2017

have walked these trails numerous times with the pup...always friendly people and well groomed