Pyramid Point Loop is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Maple City, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is best used from September until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 570 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

Please note that it was reported that this trail is currently closed due to COVID 19.

icy

icy

Excellent easy short hike. Fall weather was cool and slightly drizzly. Trail is very well maintained. And not slippery at all. The view from the lookout point is worth every step up the first hill! But don’t stop there - hit the Meadow and finish the loop up the big hill back to the trailhead. Hope to do it on a clear fall day next time.

Gorgeous view at lookout point. Steep-ish but good steps and not slippery (October). Can see both Manitou Islands. The trail map is drawn incorrectly, I think. I don’t think you are meant to keep going along the shore after the lookout point. I have seen a map in a book called Trails of M22 and it is different and seems more accurate.

I would highly recommend this beautiful trail! It has very diverse scenery -meadows, lakes, forest and dunes. We went off the main trail to explored a little and never got lost. A must is the “sand mountain” to the top of the ridge. It was difficult to ascend however very worth the effort. We then followed the ridge trail back to the shore with breath taking views.

The trail condition was excellent and well-drained despite all day rain the day before. I hiked counterclockwise because of the post saying that it was difficult to find the trail but I found that not to be true at all. The trail was very well marked with posts and arrow sign.

This is one of our favorite hikes in Sleeping Bear. From the lookout, we always backtrack to the cut-off and do the loop through the forest, across the meadow, back through the forest. A couple of good climbs and such stunning scenery.

Be prepared to have sand in your shoes and climbing some steep dunes. We started from the Pyramid point trailhead. After you pass the lookout point the trail is not very clearly marked.

Fun trail with a wide variety of landscapes and an ability to go off trail around the dunes with few people around.

Dog friendly! Great view with a wide and crushed stone path. The loop has a very steep downhill from the dunes but you can go down the other path and take the fork to the meadow. We took our two dogs and they loved it. The last half mile is along the road back to the trail head.

Perfect trail! Did the whole loop and loved it. It has such a good diverse scenery. This was a well marked path. Easy to follow.

Scenic shady (except for meadow) with several options for a shorter hike. Mostly up and down trails with a scenic overlook. My kids like to take the trail from overlook across the dunes to connect with the meadow trail. It’s not on the official trail map. One of our favorite hikes in this area.

Short uphill hike with an unbelievable view at the end! Breathtaking scenery showing Lake Michigan and the nearby islands. Easily one of the best places to visit in Michigan.

really scenic, tons of teenagers there when we went though. a few people went down to the bottom, and came up in about 20 minutes.

Trail begins easy through the woods and good elevation to a beautiful vista where we watched 2 bald eagles soaring

beautiful trail with great overlook of Lake Michigan. recommend going to both overlooks, not just the main one.

I absolutely love Pyramid Point and have done the out and back several times, but this time I wanted to try the loop. Unfortunately my group could NOT find where the loop picked back up again. We explored several off shoot trails then doubled back to the point where you could veer left off of the main trail. Still managed to get about 3 miles in, but next time I plan to try this trail counterclockwise to see if I can figure out the loop!

great hike. I have gone several times. you come out to an opening that overlooks lake Michigan. it's absolutely breathtaking. plus, I like to go down the dunes and jump in the lake!

Great time in late June, beautiful views, a lot of friendly faces!

gorgeous and fun, if you're adventurous go past the main look out point. There is a misleading sign that makes it seem like you've come to the end of the trail, but there is much more to explore and more to the trail if you look for the off shoots.

Tue Jun 04 2019

Nice trail. Took it clockwise, which I think would be easiest with elevation gain. At the top of Pyramid Point there are offshoot trails that are not maintained by the Park. They are not accessible to all (fallen branches/logs, steep areas, narrow path), but lead to cool other views on dunes and across the trees. Dogs are welcome.

Sun May 26 2019

steady incline. views were great. tons of bugs

Sun May 26 2019

Might be my new favorite trail in Lower Michigan! Breathtaking

Mon May 20 2019

great hike. beautiful

Sun Apr 21 2019

Loved this trail! We went at 9am on a Saturday, and it wasn’t busy at all. There’s a wide variety of terrain, and the views of Lake Michigan at the top are spectacular! Highly recommend it.

Sun Dec 30 2018

Loved this hike. Great view of Lake MI

Wed Nov 28 2018

I love this trail but until now had only done it in summer. Winter is just as beautiful. This is easily one of my favorite trails I’ve ever hiked and gladly come here again and again.

Fri Oct 26 2018

GREAT Trail! It has a little bit of everything - including some dune climbs much more sparsely populated than the designated dune climb area south(west) of here. Some good inclines with the baby in the bjorn on the chest got the heart rate up a bit. Terrific views at the top (about 1/3 of a mile in but a gradual incline)! And much of it all to yourself!

Thu Oct 11 2018

This is gorgeous trail!! It was slightly challenging as there were a lot of steep inclines, and I was carrying a baby. The trail was very well labeled, and it's a great workout! Definitely a recommendation to other hikers, and I look forward to going back.

Sun Oct 07 2018

Great fun. Different loops so you can do as little or as much as you’d like. This trail takes you through varied landscapes and fauna.