Potawatomi Trail - Half Loop

Potawatomi Trail - Half Loop is a 13.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dexter, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

The Potawatomi Half-Loop is a well maintained meander past 7 lakes with numerous bridges over streams and marshes.
I went late fall - the colors were still nice, although rains the preceding week had taken down lots of leaves. It is mostly well-marked, particularly at intersections. At mile 1.8 on my GPS there is a side trail that takes you down to a wide trail next to Crooked Lake with great views - I didn't follow the wide trail, but it went out of sight both ways around the lake. At mile 7.8, at the Blind Lake campground, there is a water pump.
At post 4, by Pickerel Lake, I cut back toward the Crooked Lake path, cutting about 2.5 miles off the hike (my tracks overstate trail length because I do so much back-and-forth taking pictures).
I saw 3 hikers on the way out on the Crooked Lake part of the trail, 3 bikers on the Poto part of the trail, met another hiker (who was finishing off his Waterloo-Pinckney multi-day hike) after I leaving the Poto.
As others have noted, there are places where the trail is narrow and, due to MTB usage, the track is a deep rut. Apart from not being my favorite type of trail, in places the rut is deep enough it would be hard to avoid an oncoming biker in some places.