Pontiac Lake Recreation Area Trail

Pontiac Lake Recreation Area Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Lake, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A little bit of everything for everyone. Always a fun time at Pontiac lake

This trail is awesome!! I did this trail three days after I did the Poto trail. It reminds me of the Poto with the roots and the loose uphills, and the downs are rewarding like DTE. This trail is only dangerous if you are not an experienced rider. If you get to mile 7 and see the easy/ hard sign, take the hard trail the drops are basically straight down and amazing but the uphills are just like the drops and it takes no time at all to complete that part of the trail and it meets back up with the original trail. If you haven't ridden this trail do it ASAP you will not regret it!!!

Very nice terrain ☺️

should be rated as difficult for mountain biking. Huge drops with rock beds, ruts and tree roots. Steep hills to climb and tight turns. My favourite trail in Metro area♡♡♡

gorgeous spring hike from campground to the beach. a real gem.

The best mountain bike trail in southeast Michigan.

hike counterclockwise and you can see the bikers coming.... keep dog on short leash so you can quickly jump to the side as bikers zoom by

nice trail and well signed, easy to hike but better wearing hiking shoes because can be muddy here and there. It starts near the parking lot but soon enters into the wood. Don't forget water!

Lots of good hills. Pretty scenic. Lots of bikers. Would do it again.

Loved the trail. Definitely a decen workout. We walked the bike trail. very scenic and lots of hills and rocks and roots. Would for sure do it again.

Nice trail with lots of good scenery and hilly terrain.

Friday, September 02, 2016

This is quite a nice park with a variety of recreational options. We went for a 4.3 mile hike on a Friday afternoon with our dogs. The bike trail is pretty busy, so you want to stay away from it. The hiking and in many areas hiking/equestrian trail. It's partly hilly and mostly wooded and wasn't too busy. There is an $11 charge for the recreational passport.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Today (8-27-16) was my second time riding this trail. It's about 9.7 miles. It's located in a very nice state park. The trail goes through woods and some open areas. I have been mountain biking for a couple of years. I am not an expert but can handle advanced trails like the Holdridge Lake of Mt. Holly Recreation area. I am not exactly young at 65 but quite athletic. I am not crazy about this trail that's why I gave it a 2. The primary reason is that the trail has lots of sandy areas with gravel and locks in the middle of the trail. This causes the bike to slide and rather hard to control. On the positive side the park is very nice with a beach.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Good for a short but moderate hike. Some points of rooted terrain and 30+ degree incline.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

I used the staff's directions on finding the trail but I couldn't.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Lots of great climbs. Also lots of loose rocks and exposed roots so be careful!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Rocky and fast. Love the first Hill.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

We hiked the mountain bike trail. 11 mile hike with lots of hills. the whole thing took about 5.5 hours. Bring your swim suits, taking a swim in the lake at the end was icing in the cake.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

We love hiking the horse and bike trails. Many sections to do to change things up. We go hiking here often.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

I use to race expert on this trail back in the 90's. Now I have a t.b.i. and look forward to riding it again!