Midland City Forest Trail

Midland City Forest Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Midland, Michigan that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 42 feet Route Type: Loop

Midland City Forest 2.3 mile 3-7-19

Great trail for endurance in pedaling. Many roots, and a little confusing at first

A nice little urban forest trail. Mixed use in some places, well marked, with porta-johns in the parking lot, pet waste bags and trash cans available, as well as a few benches. Not especially challenging, but a pleasant hike. I saw a variety of squirrels, a deer and a turtle on my bike and heard an owl nearby but didn't see it. Trails are wide and clean.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Good mix of running trails and biking trails. Either can be run on, but if you’re looking to run at a decent pace, I would stick to the regular trails. If just out for fun, bike trails are fine though. Footing quality depends on which parts you’re in. I’ve fallen once in the ~20x I’ve run there. Usually if you pay attention you’ll be ok though. Only downside is that it’s easy to get lost in/not know where you are. That could likely be avoided by checking maps along the trails, but I don’t like stopping while I’m running. Great source of shade in the summer and fall until the leaves fall, then footing can get precarious.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Great trails, highly recommend rolling through the GNU. Went with my girlfriend and she hit it like a boss, only fell 3 times but did not get hurt. Riding down by the creek side was nice. great experience. only suggestion would be better mark trails for easier navigation.

Monday, June 04, 2018

1st time there awesome. highly suggest. I did south loop only had a hour or so to spend but it was worth it.. fun place. I will be back.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I take my dog here and we both love it. She goes swimming in the creek and the wetland area and I get to have a decent workout walking the trails.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

DO NOT GO TO THIS TRAIL AT NIGHT! As a 15 year old training for his 2600 mike thru hike this is great, until it gets dark and you can no longer follow the poorly marked trails. But if you have all day just get lost in the intertwined mess of trails, it’ll be great.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Hiking the North Loop Good Trails are well marked and maintained Great parking Multi use Actually is moderate hike Bad Boring for hiking Trails intertwined, did get confusing at times Map along trail changed orientation over several signs- not cool

Friday, July 07, 2017

Great trails fun for all levels!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Great trail for a couple mile hike. They allow dogs and horses which is a plus.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Great trail, very scenic, great place to let your dog off the leash (Internet says leash - sign at park "says dog must be under control".) Locals leave their pets off their leash. Good place to hike/walk. No paved paths all dirt paths and bike/hike paths can be narrow in the woods.

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Good trails for beginners to advanced. Trails are kept clean of trees. It is narrow on the summer with the under growth.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

I grew up coming to City Forest for walking, skiing, and sledding. It remains one of my favorite places to go when I want to get out in the woods. The bike trails are fantastic for running and hiking in the summer and fall and the skiing trails are beautiful and kept fairly well-groomed in the winter. Their facilities for sledding, skating, and tobogganing make this a popular winter sports destination and for good reason. The chalet is wonderful for warming up, grabbing some popcorn and hot cocoa, or for holding events. I had my high school graduation party here and it was great. I am biased, though, being that City Forest was a part of my childhood.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

It Is one of my favorite trail systems. The single tracks are a bit narrow going around the corners and a fair number of roots, they keep you on your toes. Have fun out on the trails.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

One of the most well taken care of trails I've ridden. Some fun man made obstacles on the gnu loop. Not a real tough trail endurance wise but I'm use to more hills since I live in NC. Although its been rainy lately the trail wasn't too muddy.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Joe's review sums up this trail nicely. Trail builders made great use of the terrain they had to work with. A bit more technical than I usually like, City Forest will help you keep your bike handling skills sharp.

Thursday, June 07, 2012

This is a great mountain biking trial that offers a variety of obstacles. It offers plenty of climbs and drops, a few jumps, ladder bridges, a sawed in half tree, rocks, and many other man made obstacles. If you are a beginner you can stick to the cross country trails, however the more advanced bikers will love the single tracks. The trail also drains well after rain, and the muddy spots mostly have mats or blocks down to ride on. My favorite trail in the Great Lakes Bay Region!