Merrell Trail

Merrell Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockford, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

very well maintained, variety of path options & distances, scenic... never would have guessed I was so close to a highway.

We ran every inch of this trail and loved it! It's obviously designed for mountain biking but we had a lot of fun. They designated different directions for the bikes every other day which makes it easier to go with or against the bikes when running. The ups and downs and switchbacks kept us on our toes. Signage is great and it is very well maintained. Will definitely be back!

Loved it! Lots of bikers so stay on the lookout but it was a really fun trail!

Well-kempt trail but not much to look at. Busy with bike traffic on the weekends.

Check out my video review of this trail on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2sCLDVo

I took my dog out to Merrell Trail today and had an awesome hike. The tree cover provides great shade from the hot sun, the trail is extremely well marked and has many deviations and loops for you to choose your own path, there were very few mosquitos, and the trail wasn't really muddy at all despite all the rain lately.

Great hike for my husband and our 3 dogs. Predominantly shaded, well mark trails. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the heave mountain bike traffic with a very thin path. If you don't have well trained dog that heals on leash, the chances of a dog bike collision is very high (you need to hop off the trail at a moments notice) . For your dogs safety and the bikers safety DO NOT use a flexie-leash!!!!

Fun to ride, the direction change by day of the week is cool. Watch out for walkers/joggers they'll surprise you on some of the narrow spots with limited visibility.

Good trail!! Hard, technical areas with good wooden bridges.

Nice 6 mile hike. Lots of mountain bikes traveling opposite direction. Keep your head up!