Merrell Trail

Merrell Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockford, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved it!! Will go back again and again. It’s a good work out. Lots of curves in the trails. Well maintained. Very pretty there.

Started at the temporary trail head at Art Van sports complex. Trail is mainly a mountain bike trail. Lots of switch backs a few bridge and ramps for mountain biking. If I had a mountain bike this would be the place to ride the trails. Views of forest which is always nice. Great weather to hike. We (my wife and daughter) were the only people hiking along the trail. Trail was hard pack dirt with some sand and roots.

very well maintained, variety of path options & distances, scenic... never would have guessed I was so close to a highway.

We ran every inch of this trail and loved it! It's obviously designed for mountain biking but we had a lot of fun. They designated different directions for the bikes every other day which makes it easier to go with or against the bikes when running. The ups and downs and switchbacks kept us on our toes. Signage is great and it is very well maintained. Will definitely be back!

Loved it! Lots of bikers so stay on the lookout but it was a really fun trail!

Well-kempt trail but not much to look at. Busy with bike traffic on the weekends.

Check out my video review of this trail on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2sCLDVo

I took my dog out to Merrell Trail today and had an awesome hike. The tree cover provides great shade from the hot sun, the trail is extremely well marked and has many deviations and loops for you to choose your own path, there were very few mosquitos, and the trail wasn't really muddy at all despite all the rain lately.