Meadow Loop and Copper Ridge Trail

Meadow Loop and Copper Ridge Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Traverse City, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enjoyed this hike with family including 2-, 3-, and 7-year-old and several young adults. There are a lot of trails and we needed the app GPS to get back on track, but some nice stops would have been missed if we hadn't strayed a bit . The "old man of the mountain" (a local) led us to the East Bay overlook and we went off-trail for most of the fairy gardens and a nice flower garden. We never actually found the trailhead, but found a parking area behind The Commons that brought us close. Paths were mostly wooded so it wasn't as hot as I feared at midday.

Went with my man yesterday, it was a nice little social walk with pretty scenery! There's still snow left over at this time of year so we had to be careful about slipping. It was pretty, and we went by the hippie tree and took some pictures, as well as some photos in a few other spots around as well. I wasn't out of breath, and though I love more challenging hikes, this was a nice one to explore a bit and socialize with company! on a side note, it's always fun to read up on all the "horror stories" they've got on the hippie tree ;)

Thursday, August 10, 2017