Madeline Bertrand Green Trail is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Niles, Michigan that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 26 feet Route Type: Loop

Located just south of Niles, Madeline Bertrand County Park offers a public area of natural beauty along the St. Joseph River. Trails lead through pine and oak forests offering opportunities for hiking and bicycling. If you combine the yellow, red, and green trails at Madeline Bertrand, you can spend a good 2 to 2.5 hours hiking and see most of the park. The green and yellow trails are a little misleading as they share the same route (just in opposite directions), with 2 spots along the river where they split off into different paths. The red trail is shorter (1.2 miles) and offers a little variety from the yellow/green trail.

fee

Loved this trail! Easy to customize your length.

Beautiful scenery. Went with older dog and 3 year old. Walked 1.5 miles. Great time!

Great trail. Good for dogs.

Such a nice park, this was a great find! I didn’t stay on this trail the whole way because there are quite a few offshoots you can take. Lots of wildlife.

Thu Aug 02 2018

Had a great time

Fri Dec 15 2017

My Wife and I took Dogs out for a walk. I had never been on this trail. I didn't think it was well marked but we did have a map. I the winter you walk the Disk Golf trail which we got off of for a little bit, In the winter the Park doesn't want people hiking on the cross country trails because of grooming. I only gave 3 stars for the trail not be better marked. Has nice views and I will go back.

Mon Aug 07 2017

Very nice.

Sun Mar 05 2017

well marked trails. easy but with enough variety in terrain and curving trails that it wasn't boring. has an 18 hole disc golf course on parts of the trails.

Sun Oct 30 2016

Very nice trail with views of St. Joseph River. Good walk for your dog!

Mon May 09 2016

My family took me here to celebrate Mother's Day. The park was very clean & neat. The staff were very nice and helpful. We took the "Yellow Trail" & really enjoyed the beautiful & peaceful nature. Will definitely visit here again!!

Sun Apr 17 2016

this was a nice park very friendly definitely would recommend.

Thu Nov 26 2015

A nemophilist's dream, yes it is an easy hike, but the St. Joseph river guides you thru a tree hugging dream filled with lots of wildlife.