Luton Park Trail

Luton Park Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockford, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A wonderful, secluded trail.

Loved this trail. Nice day for a hike!

Fun trail to run.

Really well maintained, easy to ride trail. Wide enough to see traffic and nice sweeping turns allow for some great speed. A great beginner's biking trail with nothing too technical. I rode on a weekday mid-morning, so very low traffic.

it's a nice walk. would be more enjoyable ,if hikers didn't share the path with biking trailgoers. had to frequently move aside to allow for passing.

High traffic but decent trails

Lovely trails. It will get crowded easily with mountain bikers so try to go at low traffic times. There are a lot of options for difficulty levels which is always nice.

easy trails for hiking or riding.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

This trail is Beautiful to go hike on and have lunch at. The overlook on the south side is perfect for a lunch date.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

We had a great walk!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Very user-friendly. Not too difficult of a walk/hike. Very well marked.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pretty path. Myself and my two littles, 3 and 4 years went midday, midweek and took the orange trail. Only came across two bicyclists and two joggers. Quiet and pretty. Kids loved it and we will be going back to check out the other trails. Not hard in any way.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

beautiful wildflowers! A nice variety of prairie, woods. easy to find and good sized parking lot.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Beautiful trail. Everything from easy flat trails to steep technical single track.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great Trail. Watch out for bikers.

Monday, May 02, 2016

well marked and well maintained!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Favorite for MTB or Trail running. Love the option to add on individual loops to adjust the length to your time schedule. All willbe 8 miles. Some up/downs, switch backs, technical planks and features. Super serene in teh evening or early morning.Easy to get to. Great new parking lot w bathroom opportunity

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Great trail with 5 offshoots of different difficulty. Very secluded and good scenery.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Love it. Hiked it with my dog. Varied, lots of trail options, clearly marked. One of my all time favorite spots.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

This park is amazing for mountain biking, best in the area. There are multiple trails branching off the main loop that vary in difficulty. The trail map at the beginning explains it all for you. I see a lot of hikers and dog walkers and the main trail is great for that. While I slow down and respect their use of the park, some don't care so watch out.

Monday, April 27, 2015

I'm sure Luton Park would be a wonderful park, if I could actually manage to walk down one of the trails without being practically run over by a cyclist every 2 minutes :( From what I can tell, the grounds are very spacious with plenty of trails. However, with the amount of very avid cycling enthusiasts on these trails, I fear us hikers don't have much room. I really wish there were separate trails for hiking and biking. Unless of course maybe there are and I just failed to notice them? If anyone has any information on strictly hiking trails at this park, by all means please let me know! Another thing that kind of bothered me about this park, was the fact that their website boasts of "restrooms." However, upon arriving at the park, and much to my dismay, I only found 1 single port-a-potty. Also unfortunate that it happened to be an extremely busy day at the park that day, having been one of the first warmer days in the year. I was unable to even use the facilities there, and ended up having to drive down the road to the nearest McDonalds. Unfortunately I had had a lot of coffee that morning :) There were an army of "heavy duty" cyclists at the park the day my friend and I tried to go walking there. These people weren't joking either. They all had mountain bikes, and were wearing cycling gear. They were all going pretty fast too, so you should be prepared to jump out of the way at a moment's notice when you're walking. Beautiful park, but I think maybe more of a biking trail, than a hiking one :(

Thursday, February 12, 2015

This is a great trail with many options for different skill levels! I went with my pup on a snowy afternoon and there were a ton of cars in the parking lot, but the park is big enough that you don't really see anyone else. Good variety of landscapes--trees, meadows, water, etc. One tip: The address is on Kies, but the parking lot and trail head are on 10 Mile. This is well marked, but it's nice to know before you set out. The trails are also well marked. Some of the hard ones are really a challenge! Very nice though. We had lots of fun! I'm interested to come back in different seasons.

Monday, July 16, 2012

This trail offers moderate to difficult single tracks. It is open year round, so you will run into walkers and snowshoers.