Lillian Anderson Arboretum Loop

Lillian Anderson Arboretum Loop is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Oshtemo, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We went today for the first time. It was hard to find the place as the entrance is not marked. If I hadn't noticed a "driveway" with pavement too nice to be a house, and we decided to take a look we wouldn't have found this place - and we were even specifically looking for it. We did the boardwalk loop. It took about 30 mins with 3 small children (2, 4, & 5). I appreciated the announcement board warning us of poison sumac and the refresher on how to ID it. There's also several neat mushrooms to look at along the trail.

Trails are well marked. There are trail maps posted sporadically, but you may want to take a picture of the map at the trailhead just for reference.

I followed most of the side loops and made it a 3.4mile hike.

Parts of the trail were muddy as it had recently rained. Careful on the boardwalk after rain as the water level was high and squirted up through the boardwalk as I walked.

I'm not sure if it's always like this, but part of the power line trail (between Bobayundel and Bernie's Landing/Marsh-Woods) was completely flooded.

well maintained and clearly marked paths.

beautiful trails. great for beginner or moderate hikers

We really enjoyed it out here. Great space and lots of different scenery. (Didn’t care much for the power line area) but other than that we thoroughly enjoyed it. Captured some great photos in the not so magnificent pines.

By far favorite in kzoo

This is one of my favorite local preserves. Very easy access, and lots of trail options. The walk into the marsh areas and near the lake is awesome. You are likely to see lots of wildlife. Another fantastic winter hike !

Several trail options and perfect for an introspective walk!

The trail was clean and clear. Pretty views of the wildlife here in Michigan. Lots of trails to go off on and explore.

Sunday, November 06, 2016