LeFurge Woods Nature Preserve and Conservancy Farm

LeFurge Woods Nature Preserve and Conservancy Farm is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Superior, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The path into the woods narrowed and widened at seemingly random moments. One of the trails leads you straight into a private property posting with no where else to go but back the way you came. Overall a really nice place with some minor issues.

The path in the woods was so muddy that it was impassable. The rest of the trail was covered in ticks. I brushed handfuls off my dog while hiking, and handfuls more before getting back in the car, and we still brought 9 home with us. Early spring or fall would be a better time for this trail. We certainly won’t be going back this summer!

Beware of ticks. My fiancé and I found 3 ticks on him and one on myself after a short walk through these trails yesterday evening, and just found one more on my cat’s toy and one on my coat this morning. We walked maybe one mile and in that time picked up 6+ ticks...

My family went out there for an hour and a half. we did not complete the full trail, but enjoyed the portion that we did hike. parts of the trail are muddy this time of the year, which makes it fun for my kids, but probably would make it difficult to run. well be back in a month or so!!

Open areas, ponds, Woods, a little of everything! Lightly rolling areas. Mowed, grassy trails. In the east side woods trail respect the private property sign!

I love to come here to clear my head. It’s right outside of the city and not a difficult trail at all. You have options as well. You can walk the maze of paths that cut through the fields. Venture into the woods for a beautiful lush walk on some funky unkempt trails... go right at the fork for a short wooded walk to come out right back onto the field paths or go right at the fork for a longer trek (there is a sign a ways in saying you reached the border..you can keep on going) out to the farmstead.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Beautiful area close to the city to just walk around and enjoy nature. Not a difficult trail, but there are wonderful views and it's very relaxing. (definitely wear/bring bug spray, the mosquitos are vicious in the wooded areas)