Jailhouse Trail

Jailhouse Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ithaca, Michigan that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is my local trail. If you stay on the mountain bike single track trail, you can get some distance. A lot of switchback to create that distance for the bike trail, so you’re often looking at another part of the trail just a few feet away. Quite buggy and will be wet after rain, as it sits in a swampy, low area. Very relaxing when you get into the woods. Pretty well marked with trail signs. Little use in winter, so good for snowshoeing or winter hiking, or x-c skiing if you don’t mind an un-groomed trail. Dogs are “supposed” to be leashes, but often aren’t. I have ridden my mountain bike there as well, and it keeps you on your toes, with corners, hills, a small teeter-totter bridge and passes through trees with little room.

My husband and I went out today for some fresh air (March 11). The trails are still very muddy. We saw just one other person out on his mountain bike while we hiked on foot. It will be nicer when Spring arrives and dries out the mud. It was difficult to follow all the switchbacks on the map. We ended up doing a little over 2 miles. The entrance is in the fairgrounds. I'd rate this trail as easy, not moderate.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fun trail not too challenging but dose offer some fun obstacles including a teeter totter will defiantly b goin back asap

recorded Jailhouse Trail