Jailhouse Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ithaca, Michigan that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 62 feet Route Type: Loop

flooded

This is a close trail for us so we get there often. I think they are improving the signage. First half of the trail had all new signs. It was muddy in spots today. One flooded area we were able to get around via a switchback. But we came across a spot in the last mile that we couldn’t get around. We had to go out to the industrial park and walk back to the trail head! All part of the adventure! Saw lots of deer, ducks, and a few snakes.

flooded

Worst. Trail. Ever. I am an avid hiker and this trail was marked poorly and extremely hard to follow. It was muddy, but that’s to be expected at this time of year.

Not a great trail. It could use better signage and it's very muddy.

Tue Jan 22 2019

This is a pretty good trail. They made great use of the land they have. The trails could use some better signage, especially in the winter, as I would have not been able to follow the trail had it not been for the mountain bikers who had been there before me. But overall this is a pretty good trail!

Thu Dec 27 2018

amazing trail. could use a few features though like a few jumps and berms on the turns. other than that it's a very fun fast flow trail

Thu Jun 14 2018

This is my local trail. If you stay on the mountain bike single track trail, you can get some distance. A lot of switchback to create that distance for the bike trail, so you’re often looking at another part of the trail just a few feet away. Quite buggy and will be wet after rain, as it sits in a swampy, low area. Very relaxing when you get into the woods. Pretty well marked with trail signs. Little use in winter, so good for snowshoeing or winter hiking, or x-c skiing if you don’t mind an un-groomed trail. Dogs are “supposed” to be leashes, but often aren’t. I have ridden my mountain bike there as well, and it keeps you on your toes, with corners, hills, a small teeter-totter bridge and passes through trees with little room.

Sun Mar 11 2018

My husband and I went out today for some fresh air (March 11). The trails are still very muddy. We saw just one other person out on his mountain bike while we hiked on foot. It will be nicer when Spring arrives and dries out the mud. It was difficult to follow all the switchbacks on the map. We ended up doing a little over 2 miles. The entrance is in the fairgrounds. I'd rate this trail as easy, not moderate.

Sat Jul 20 2013

Fun trail not too challenging but dose offer some fun obstacles including a teeter totter will defiantly b goin back asap

Sat Jun 16 2018