Holly Recreation Area Trail

Holly Recreation Area Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Groveland Twp, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fantastic

Great trails for an all day, or a short hike. Plenty to see, and the water is beautiful. Only complaint would be the lack of maps, and trail markers in certain areas. We will definitely be visiting again!

Clocked 9.2 miles on this route circumnavigating both the wilderness & lakeshore loops. See it at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3G_r09MLggc

wonderful hike today with my mother-in-law! Beautiful scenery.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Monday, September 07, 2015

Absolutely love these trails! Many choices so you don't always have the same trek.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Excellent mountain trail with three different levels of difficulty. The West loop which is a little over 5 miles is moderately difficult. There are a couple of places where most of us would have to walk our bikes up the hill - it is very slippery and obstructed with tree roots. I am not an expert mountain biker, but I managed to handle this trail - I must confess I fell down a couple of times, though nothing serious. I love this trail, it is very quiet and is challenging and long enough to give me a real good work out.

I also tried the North loop yesterday (8/30/2015). This trail is quite easy with perhaps just one challenging spot. It is about 2 miles long.