Holly Recreation Area Trail

Holly Recreation Area Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Groveland Twp, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

the direction given is wrong, someone house at Dixie...trail is not bad,but have missing marker at wilderness trail,number 14-15

I love the scenery... Challenging trails for a novice hiker.

I went on a Friday and I only saw a handful of people. Very nice trails, although a couple of them were not marked/maintained well. I will be back!

My husband and I did both loops on a Saturday. Beautiful place and very low crowds. We had great weather and we presently surprised how quiet it was on the trails. It was a great experience! I love that many of the miles on the hiking trail are bike free which makes it safer to have our dog with us. We will be back. (Both loops totaled more than 9 miles though, not the 8.3 as stated here)

Connecting the Lake Loop, and Wilderness Loop make a great hike. So far one of my favorite trails in southern Mi. It would have received 5 stars,but the Park needs to repair a few trail markers.

Took my daughter here for her first hike. Most of the trails were groomed pretty good except section 10 was over grown with brush. Some of the marker signs were missing and park staff had no idea where marker #1 was. Over all pretty nice trails. will be back

I've hiked and kayaked here. Beautiful lakes and trails with lots of hardwoods and elevation.

We loved the rough terrain on this trail. it was a good workout. The scenery was beautiful along the whole route. We will definitely visit regularly.

My boyfriend and I went and took our 3 dogs. It was a great trail with lots of different routes you could choose to go. On our way back though, we were looping back down to marker 16 and chose the route not for bikers due to the thick brush. We had lost the trail for a few feet. Be careful when hopping back on the trail or if you wander from it!! We were attacked by ground bees and all of us got stung multiple times (totally our own fault). Thankfully we are not allergic! I would definitely do this trail again, but steer clear of that loop haha.

The trail was beautiful and very well kept! The markings were confusing or non-existent at times. I would definitely recommend this trail!

Probably the best trail in the area.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Only did the southern loop of the route shown here. Nice hike around a pair of lakes. Lotus were in bloom on my visit. Best to hike this trail in dry season (late summer or fall), or else come prepared for some wet areas. Some areas are not well marked, especially around the cabins. In general, always choose the trail closest to the lake.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

fantastic

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Great trails for an all day, or a short hike. Plenty to see, and the water is beautiful. Only complaint would be the lack of maps, and trail markers in certain areas. We will definitely be visiting again!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Clocked 9.2 miles on this route circumnavigating both the wilderness & lakeshore loops. See it at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3G_r09MLggc

Sunday, October 09, 2016

wonderful hike today with my mother-in-law! Beautiful scenery.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Absolutely love these trails! Many choices so you don't always have the same trek.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Excellent mountain trail with three different levels of difficulty. The West loop which is a little over 5 miles is moderately difficult. There are a couple of places where most of us would have to walk our bikes up the hill - it is very slippery and obstructed with tree roots. I am not an expert mountain biker, but I managed to handle this trail - I must confess I fell down a couple of times, though nothing serious. I love this trail, it is very quiet and is challenging and long enough to give me a real good work out.

I also tried the North loop yesterday (8/30/2015). This trail is quite easy with perhaps just one challenging spot. It is about 2 miles long.