Highlands and Riverside Loop is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rochester Hills, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

Love the area, deer, flowers, etc., but needs some improvement. Some parts of the trails were very narrow with possible poisonous plants growing in the path. Other parts were wide and nicely mowed. Attempted the Riverside Trail. It appeared to eventually go through very tall weeds (6ft+). I continued on what I thought was the trail, but eventually lost the path. Could not see where my feet were stepping and the ground was uneven at the same time. Eventually turned around and went up the Deer Trail. Was wearing shorts and ended up with lots of stinging scratches/welts on my legs from what I thought was the Riverside Trail. Hope to return someday and see if I made a wrong turn somewhere, or if it really is that poorly maintained. Wear long pants and long sleeves!

Went and sat near the Clinton river. Couldn’t complete the entire trail because it was all muddy. I saw a couple of deers so was a little afraid to go further.

Just beautiful! I had no idea these trails existed until a month ago. Beautiful hike along forested high banks, open prairie, small ponds and streams, and along the river. Go check it out immediately!

recorded 8.19.18