Heritage Park Loop

Heritage Park Loop is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Adrian, Michigan that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well groomed, easy to follow markers. Great job!!

wonderful trail system, minutes from town

Friday, November 25, 2016

Very well kept trail and very good trial markings I was bummed at the end because I forgot to record it

Saturday, July 09, 2016

I played frisbee golf at this park which crossed the trails at times. The trails were well marked, but at times not too wide. Didn't see restrooms in area.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Nice trail for either biking or walking/running good parking. Do not get the direction to the park from all trails Google map heritage park instead

Monday, June 20, 2016

trails were well kept and very well marked. there are plenty of challenging areas but not too tough. my wife and I appreciate all the work put in by the volunteers. it's great to have these great trails so close to home.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

The trail is very well marked.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

I have only ever visited the park since the trail markers have been redone and they are extremely easy to follow and well marked. The various lengths of the trails make the park great for all skill levels and abilities. Honestly, I love coming here! The trails are narrow, but very serene. You'll see a bit of wildlife (squirrels, chipmunks, deer, birds). Great for a casual stroll or can be made into a pretty great workout. Two-thumbs up!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Regularly hike Heritage Park with my faithful dog. Leash rules apply as well as picking up after your canine (leave no trace!). The park offers a variety of settings. Wooded, open meadows, hills, river (creek), low wet lands, tall grass fields, parking lots, sports fields (soccer and ball diamonds), sheltered picnic area, local history (FreeSoil School), educational (Stubnitz Center), children's play area, disc golf course, "Bits and Pieces" remote airplane field and hill for winter sledding. When the snow is deep the snowshoes come out. Typically I hike the park during the weekday so I can hike with my dog off the lead though I always carry her leash with me and put the lead on when I see other dogs. Most of the trails, though not well marked, are for Mountain biking as well as hiking. A somewhat complete trail map of the park can be found in the helpful link.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

As part of the 4 person volunteer mtn bike group that maintains these trails, I'd like to tell you all that we do the best we can and we've heard your complaints. While the city isn't able to help us with trail work(read budget issues), they were able to secure a grant to purchase trail signage material. So, as of today, we have 5 separately colored/numbers loop. The shortest at .5mi and the longest at 9mi, with a total of 113 sign posts! I personally have over 125hrs of trail work in this year already to make this project happen.

Do yourself, and us, a favor and give Heritage another try. I think you'll be glad you did.

Monday, September 07, 2015

This was a very poorly marked trail, I had a really hard time finding mywsy around. I was looking forward to a great hike but left after only a mile or so. Not worth the drive from Fort Wayne. Looks like a great disc golf course though.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

love coming here! I bring my dog all the time and she loves it.
We rarely ever cross paths with other hikers so that makes me feel comfortable enough to let her off the leash so she can explore.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fun trail. Combination of sand and hard pack. Some areas are very narrow to the point of not much wider than the handlebars on the bike. Never did find the narrow bridge crossings. Poorly marked.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rode this trail today, it was a fun but the trails are poorly marked and maintained, me and my brother got turned around a couple times and the obstacles are falling apart and really sketch. All in all its a fun trail that has a lot of potential just need maintenance.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Single track that runs around and through a disc golf course. Very poorly marked and maintained trail. Never did find an actual "loop" of any sort...found a few really short sections of flow with some baby skinnies and some whoops that I decided to hit several times. Probably won't come back to this one...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Heritage park MTB trial is primarily is single tract with several loops. Trial is quite narrow in some sections. Trial runs mostly thru dense forest with many short climbs and downhill. There are many obstacles of varying degrees of difficulty. Harder obstacles give you an alternate path to avoid. Trial is not very well marked and I took the same loops more than once. This is a fun trial that you can make as difficult and as technical as you want.

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Fun reasonable trail. Worth the drive.