Hartwick Pines Loop

Hartwick Pines Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grayling, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

great trail and easy for the whole family and very informational for the kiddos. Sadly, on our visit a small section of the trail was closed for safety reasons so we had to back track and go around to see both sides of the loop.

Amazing!

I've been going to HPSP since I was a very young kid. I always return here with my parents to walk this loop. Lots of birds and easy enough for the whole family. I love the sound the wind makes as it rushes through the pine tops.

Love the pines!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Once you find a sign and understand the rectangular shape of the loops, you'll be fine. Signage is minimal but it is definitely marked. I went just before the fall colors typically arrive so I can't speak to the aesthetic of the trail with regards to beauty, but for the most part the trail in wide and mostly flat (although be aware - when the elevation does change, it does drastically!)

Thursday, April 07, 2016

beautiful

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Lovely; nice to see the pines and the chapel

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Walked a 3rd of the loop. Very peaceful forest trial. Spotted mushroom and a colorful fall walk. Also a very open trail for bikes. It was as if I was the only one there.