Grever's Nature Center

Grever's Nature Center is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marshall, Michigan that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Very quiet, nice little trail. The lakes are absolutely nothing to look at, so green and covered with algae. And that being said it’s prime bug breeding ground. But overall I enjoyed it for an afternoon walk. There are lots of pines, so it is a nice forest and reminded me of a walk through the mountains. There’s also a cute meadow with bird houses, this would be a great place for bird watchers.

There are not many public areas with trails in this area of Michigan. I live in Pisgah Forest, NC and have about 500 miles of trails available out my back door. I was looking for a place to hike while in Marshall Michigan. Grever's was a pleasant surprise. The trails are not long or difficult, but it is a very nice place for easy hikes in a fully wooded area. I took my two dogs out several times while visiting relatives in Marshall Michigan and enjoyed Grever's very much. I never saw anyone on the trails while hiking there 3 times, which is a big plus in my book :)