Greenstone Ridge Trail from Windigo to Tobin Harbor

Greenstone Ridge Trail from Windigo to Tobin Harbor is a 39.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Eagle Harbor Twp, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

Point to Point

Hiked the Greenstone from Windigo to Rock Harbor. Very beautiful with views of Lake Superior and Canada, plus all the lake on Isle Royale. Harder than I thought it would be with all the elevation changes but worth it.

I backpacked this trail from Mt. Ojibway to Lane Cove trail. (2.8 M) Near this intersection it is Mount Franklin. This lookout provided me my greatest memory of the entire trip to Isle Royal. It was between 10PM -midnight which I first saw the Northern Lights or the Aurora Borealis. Simply unforgettable. As mentioned below, there is no access to water in this area so make sure you carry more than what you think you'll need. Enjoy.

The Greenstone Ridge Trail is the hiking spine of Isle Royale National Park. Spectacular views. Bring plenty of water as there is no access while on the ridge and if it is hot and sunny there is little tree shade so sunscreen and a hat are recommended too. We hiked it from East Chickenbone assent to Mt. Franklin where we exited via Lane Cove Trail the first day and Mt. Franklin Trail on day two.