Fort Custer Recreation Area

Fort Custer Recreation Area is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charleston Twp, Michigan and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mt. biking ( red loop) is super narrow!

Very easily manageable trail in southwest Michigan. Be careful when hiking as mountain bikers frequent the loop. A great loop to get outside and enjoy a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Yellow trail is a nice short easy ride. Green tall is challenging at times but absolutely amazing! Trails are well marked and very well maintained. A very fun ride.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Challenging at times.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday, June 03, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Follow up to yesterday's comment ...

I finally rode the Red Trail today. I would consider my riding skills at moderate & the Red Trail as 4 of 5 difficulty. With that said, it was the coolest trail that I have been on so far ... albeit my riding experience is somewhat limited. A couple places I had to walk the bike because of the difficulty, but there are also lots of challenging sections that I managed to pedal through that were obstacles that I have never tried before. Great fun & great test for my current riding skills!!