Fort Custer Recreation Area

Fort Custer Recreation Area is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charleston Twp, Michigan and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Mt. biking ( red loop) is super narrow!

Very easily manageable trail in southwest Michigan. Be careful when hiking as mountain bikers frequent the loop. A great loop to get outside and enjoy a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Yellow trail is a nice short easy ride. Green tall is challenging at times but absolutely amazing! Trails are well marked and very well maintained. A very fun ride.

Challenging at times.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday, June 03, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Follow up to yesterday's comment ...

I finally rode the Red Trail today. I would consider my riding skills at moderate & the Red Trail as 4 of 5 difficulty. With that said, it was the coolest trail that I have been on so far ... albeit my riding experience is somewhat limited. A couple places I had to walk the bike because of the difficulty, but there are also lots of challenging sections that I managed to pedal through that were obstacles that I have never tried before. Great fun & great test for my current riding skills!!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Blue trail is nice, short, easy ride around Jackson Hole Lake & Whitford Lake. About 4 miles & can be completed in less than half an hour. Nice trail that I would rate a 2 difficulty.

Green trail is much more difficult. 7 miles around Eagle Lake that I have only ridden once so far. Plenty of sections where I had to get off the bike and walk, but I'm not a seasoned rider either. I would rate this a 4 difficulty.

Red trail is 8.6 miles long ... have not ride this trail yet, so I cannot offer any comments at this time.