Flat River Trail

Flat River Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lowell, Michigan that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

poorly groomed and weak GPS signal

The trail is mostly walking along a dirt road. I actually turned around and went back rather than finishing the trail because there was nothing much to look at besides people in their yards. When you come out of the woods to cross the road, that’s actually Covered Bridge Road. I didn’t know that when I was following the AllTrails route. I recommend turning right there and walking down to the bridge, which is the best part of this trail, but it’s not part of the AllTrails route. I went here for the bridge, which was build in the 1800’s. I ended up driving to the bridge. There are a few nice views of the river on the AllTrails route.

Not my favorite...easy park start with well groomed trial, then a lot of “road.” Not my favorite but a nice walk if you need a quick one.

Love this trail! Full of wildflowers following the river, just beautiful.

Love it walked 4.3 miles today! Very quiet