Dead River Falls

Dead River Falls is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marquette, Michigan that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful water falls! Crossing the river can be difficult but the area you get to is great. You can stay on the same side though and still get to the end waterfall, just cant jump off from that side! Bring sturdy shoes and water.

Wasn’t as challenging as I was expecting but it was a great trail and beautiful view! It was raining so there was no one else on the trail which was great solitude

Love hiking this in the winter time!

A really fun trail! I enjoy the challenge of climbing some of the hills and steep areas. This is also a great trail to check out in the early winter!

short hike but cool views!! Lots of other people there as well.

very cool short hike with plenty of waterfalls.

Beautiful waterfall, but terrible footing with lots of slippery spots.

Definitely hit this trail up, the hike is beautiful and there's endless waterfalls.

Short trip but great waterfall views!

Challenging climbs but worth it to see all the falls!

One of my favorite spots in Marquette! ❤️

Short but challenging with great views throughout

Love going here when I'm home! One of my favorite places. Short hike.

So incredible. So many water falls. We went a long way. Up rocks. Over streams. We even swam on a small beach at the end of the trail. Sensational. Shoes with sure footing a must. Bring water. This is difficult hiking and you must be in good physical condition.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Thursday, August 04, 2016

when I was there the trail ended for getting to the falls but when you first walk in you do have some falls right under the water pipe

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

One of the best waterfall hikes I've ever taken. Has a few difficult spots but overall a moderate hike. At least a dozen different falls. Beautiful!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

This is a challenging hike as the trail is steep and tough to follow. I am not so sure we were even on a trail for parts of our hike, but we followed the river and arrived at the falls, which are well worth the hike.

We only saw a few other people relaxing at the beginning of our hike and nobody else after that until we arrived back to the car. Wear good shoes for this hike.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

5 Stars because of it's beauty and level of fun! It does have some tricky areas of the trail to navigate, but worth every step!

Monday, May 23, 2016

MY favorite hiking spot. I've hooked it during every season and it's beautiful all year long. i wouldn't say it's a difficult hike at all (that's why I have it 3 stars). I did this hike when I was 9 months pregnant, just a couple of days before delivering. i probably wouldn't bring small children because of the big drop offs. it seems a little dangerous.

Friday, May 20, 2016

First hill is VERY STEEP. BUT I would highly recommend this hike. It's better in spring than winter (trust me)

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Steep steep steep but worth every step! The falls are so powerful and beautiful!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

After reading some of the reviews of the difficulty level we were a bit hesitant to try this trail - so glad we decided to go! The trail was a challenge (which we love), but definitely not over the top. It was great practice for an upcoming trip to the Rockies. The waterfalls and scenery are just beautiful and we appreciated how remote it felt in spite of being so close to the city.

Monday, June 29, 2015

It was a blast!

Thursday, August 01, 2013

The falls area is beautiful however, the opening hill you climb once you are on the trail is much harder than "moderate" as listed. Getting up is a bit above moderate but getting back down is difficult. Wear good hiking shoes!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Great hike. Can be very challenging. I regularly do this hike year round and its very icy in winter. Good barefoot summer feet builder with many cliff jumping options and falls

Thursday, July 05, 2012

The trail is primarily used by a younger crowd looking for cliff diving spots along the Dead River. The trail is well worn but there are a few sections which are steeper with loose earth. Fun if you are looking for a swimming hole.

recorded dead river. falls