Dead River Falls

Dead River Falls is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marquette, Michigan that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful water falls! Crossing the river can be difficult but the area you get to is great. You can stay on the same side though and still get to the end waterfall, just cant jump off from that side! Bring sturdy shoes and water.

Short but challenging with great views throughout

Love going here when I'm home! One of my favorite places. Short hike.

So incredible. So many water falls. We went a long way. Up rocks. Over streams. We even swam on a small beach at the end of the trail. Sensational. Shoes with sure footing a must. Bring water. This is difficult hiking and you must be in good physical condition.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

when I was there the trail ended for getting to the falls but when you first walk in you do have some falls right under the water pipe

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

One of the best waterfall hikes I've ever taken. Has a few difficult spots but overall a moderate hike. At least a dozen different falls. Beautiful!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

This is a challenging hike as the trail is steep and tough to follow. I am not so sure we were even on a trail for parts of our hike, but we followed the river and arrived at the falls, which are well worth the hike.

We only saw a few other people relaxing at the beginning of our hike and nobody else after that until we arrived back to the car. Wear good shoes for this hike.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

5 Stars because of it's beauty and level of fun! It does have some tricky areas of the trail to navigate, but worth every step!

Monday, May 23, 2016

MY favorite hiking spot. I've hooked it during every season and it's beautiful all year long. i wouldn't say it's a difficult hike at all (that's why I have it 3 stars). I did this hike when I was 9 months pregnant, just a couple of days before delivering. i probably wouldn't bring small children because of the big drop offs. it seems a little dangerous.

Friday, May 20, 2016

First hill is VERY STEEP. BUT I would highly recommend this hike. It's better in spring than winter (trust me)