Chapel Trail Mosquito Falls Loop

Chapel Trail Mosquito Falls Loop is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Munising, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

beach

Several hikes are available in this area, depending on what trails you take and how long you wish to walk. Waterfalls into Lake Superior near Chapel Rock.

We did the loop without the Mosquito Falls portion. Not particularly strenuous but lengthy. The portions along the edge of the cliffs are awesome, but the parts out there and back can be a little dull and were very muddy when we went.

This was so worth the hike!! We did a portion of this trail last year along pictured rocks. There is also a nice rustic campground over here for backpackers. The signs for bear sightings made us a little nervous though! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nice trail. More easy than moderate. Gravel road park entrance is pot hole hell on a motorcycle!

Best hike ever, so beautiful and the campsites were so nice, no fires on the sites with this loop though.

One of the best experiences of my LIFE! I did the whole 10 mile loop in 2015, and it is truly other-worldly. I felt like I was in New Zealand when I reached the cliffs! Pack a good amount of water/snacks! Took us about 8 hours with stopping to play on the beach & getting a little turned around at the end.

Great hike! We hiked the full 10 mile loop, the view is soo worth it. No picture can do it justice. Some muddy/wet spots, our shoes took a beating and feet got a little wet but nothing that was unbearable. I would definitely recommend it! We aren't super experienced hikers and really enjoyed it. We took about 6 hours to complete it. We weren't in a hurry and stopped a few times.

Great hike. Pristine woods, beautiful waterfalls, cliff shoreline, white sandy beaches. Took us 6 hours but we took our time and enjoyed every minute.

visiting from minnesota. completely blown away by the beauty of this trail! reminded me of the olympic peninsula, except the water here was so incredibly vibrant & clear. we hiked the entire loop, visited the beach, stopped at many of the sights (grand point was a fun one), and saw multiple deer cross the trail just mere yards away. thoroughly enjoyed this hike. the trail was super muddy though--wear hiking boots. saw lots of people in tennis shoes being slowed down by having to go far off the trail (which is also a bummer to the trail's integrity) to avoid the thick, deep mud. also, there are no garbage cans...pack it in & pack it out! i picked up a fair amount of trash on the trail. also, it's worth getting up early (think...arrive at 7-8 AM) to avoid huge crowds. by the time we got back to the parking lot around 2 PM, the road in was jam packed with cars that could not get a spot in the lot.