Chapel Trail Mosquito Falls Loop

Chapel Trail Mosquito Falls Loop is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Munising, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

beach

Several hikes are available in this area, depending on what trails you take and how long you wish to walk. Waterfalls into Lake Superior near Chapel Rock.

21 minutes ago

Fairly easy trail that becomes very muddy after some rain. Cool little beach at the end of the hike out. Great scenery!

We did the loop without the Mosquito Falls portion. Not particularly strenuous but lengthy. The portions along the edge of the cliffs are awesome, but the parts out there and back can be a little dull and were very muddy when we went.

This was so worth the hike!! We did a portion of this trail last year along pictured rocks. There is also a nice rustic campground over here for backpackers. The signs for bear sightings made us a little nervous though! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nice trail. More easy than moderate. Gravel road park entrance is pot hole hell on a motorcycle!

Best hike ever, so beautiful and the campsites were so nice, no fires on the sites with this loop though.

One of the best experiences of my LIFE! I did the whole 10 mile loop in 2015, and it is truly other-worldly. I felt like I was in New Zealand when I reached the cliffs! Pack a good amount of water/snacks! Took us about 8 hours with stopping to play on the beach & getting a little turned around at the end.

Great hike! We hiked the full 10 mile loop, the view is soo worth it. No picture can do it justice. Some muddy/wet spots, our shoes took a beating and feet got a little wet but nothing that was unbearable. I would definitely recommend it! We aren't super experienced hikers and really enjoyed it. We took about 6 hours to complete it. We weren't in a hurry and stopped a few times.