Burchfield Park Singletrack

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(100)
Grand River County Park

Burchfield Park Singletrack is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eaton Rapids, Michigan that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 177 feet Route Type: Loop

This was a great trail but I would rate it as easy and not moderate. The few challenges can bypassed on a different trail just a few feet away. Very few inclines that would present challenges for most hikers. Great place for kayaking and swimming too!

Drew and Dave

flooded

Great Sunday morning hike along the river trail. Did a side excursion to Heron pond, nice view! bugs are a fact of life in forests during the summer. Plan accordingly. All trails were open, well maintained , and marked. Trail maps were placed througjout but the app was still very helpful.

closed

We started our walk and almost got carried away from the mosquitos, so we we went back and sprayed our repellent lol lots of the trails were closed or impassable on foot due to all the rain, the river was still high, covered alot of steps on the stairs going down to the river, over all it was a good time, We will have to come back later in the year.

Sat Jan 12 2019

Tue Dec 25 2018

The park employees have been doing a great job of removing old sign post and markers and replacing them with new position markers and new maps. I think anyone that goes there will find out how easy it is to walk/hike the trails. The mountain bike trails and hiking trails are all being worked on this fall as well.

Wed Oct 03 2018

My favorite place to go hiking in the Lansing area.

Sun Aug 05 2018

great mix of forest & fields. awesome boardwalks and lots of flowly single track.

Wed Aug 01 2018

You have to pay. Sorry, nature walking is free.

Sun Jul 01 2018

Holy mosquitoes and bad directions. Nice terrain though.

Mon Apr 23 2018

Thought this would be a good place to walk my dog, we enjoy longer trails, however dogs were not allowed on trails. We went anyway, but will probably not go again because directions are extremely confusing.

Sat Apr 07 2018

This app says dogs are allowed on the trail - there is a very small area for dogs, however, it is not on the trail.

Fri Sep 22 2017

The trail markers are absolutely useless. There's no real clear indication where the trail begins, nor where to turn to stay on the MTB trail. I found myself backtracking more than a few times because the trail led me to a road without any clear indication on where to go next. Of the 8 miles, I think I rode about 6 of them because the trail markers were so bad. Be careful, in some areas you'll be riding next to a disc golf course so make sure you wear a helmet because those things hurt when they hit you.

Tue Aug 01 2017

Nice hiking trail. I hiked the blue/red which turned into the green/advanced bike trail. Nice sites by the water, lots of animals to look at. Not a soul on the trail with me at 9:45am, very peaceful. I did the loop for a 7 mile hike.

Sat May 13 2017

The loop that goes along the river from Burchfield Park to McNamara entrance is pretty. Return via the same route, as the other way back is just ok. The trailheads are not well marked and so this app came in handy. At this time of year, the mosquitoes are common and so bug spray is needed. There is a park entrance fee of $3 at the main entrance but not at the other trailheads. Mostly flat terrain.