Buck Creek Nature Preserve

Buck Creek Nature Preserve is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wyoming, Michigan that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice set of trails, one is paved, one is a boardwalk. Lots of tree cover, runs along Buck Creek, so expect bugs, but very nice trails for hiking, biking, exploring or jogging.

The trail is fine but it's just a flat, paved walkway. Not sure why it's rated "moderate".

The app said this trail was a loop, but it is not. That was disappointing, as I like to see something new the whole time I am hiking. That said, the paved trail is well maintained and shady for most of the trail--which will keep you cool on the trail. But the trail is not well marked with signs when you get onto it and there are several side paths that lead only to homes when you take them, not to the loop I kept searching for. Over all, a very easy hike.

It was cool. good for leisure rides.

It's a short walk and the wildlife surprised me. We saw two whitetail fawns sitting near the entrance of the trail. They were friendly and beautiful. We did not see/find the loop unfortunately. But on the way back we saw a loon and several ducks. I walked during Autumn so the colors pop out at you. Several persons passed this Saturday afternoon. We did smell the sewage and that was unpleasant, bringing this park down to a 3 star score, otherwise it's worth the trip.

It was short but I liked all of the nature

Okay. Very easy paved trail with two unpaved side paths toward the creek. On the humid day I visited, there was an odor of sewage, thus my 3 rating.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

nice little walking or jogging trail, but a bit short for biking.

Thursday, May 26, 2016