Buck Creek Nature Preserve

Buck Creek Nature Preserve is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wyoming, Michigan that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice set of trails, one is paved, one is a boardwalk. Lots of tree cover, runs along Buck Creek, so expect bugs, but very nice trails for hiking, biking, exploring or jogging.

Not a loop.
Not moderate.
This trail is DEFINITELY easy. It's a flat paved path through the whole thing. You see nature and trees and can hear the river that's not even close to the paved path besides the 1 bridge. If you're just walking your dog or with a stroller this is decent. Short. But meh...

It’s a great escape close to home!

Easy trail, really beautiful

A nice trail. All paved. A few small trails off the main are dirt. Really an easy trail.

Nice trail. I wish it was longer. smooth ride.

Flat paved trail. Very scenic-deer,birds, frogs.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

The trail is fine but it's just a flat, paved walkway. Not sure why it's rated "moderate".

Sunday, May 07, 2017

The app said this trail was a loop, but it is not. That was disappointing, as I like to see something new the whole time I am hiking. That said, the paved trail is well maintained and shady for most of the trail--which will keep you cool on the trail. But the trail is not well marked with signs when you get onto it and there are several side paths that lead only to homes when you take them, not to the loop I kept searching for. Over all, a very easy hike.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

It was cool. good for leisure rides.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

It's a short walk and the wildlife surprised me. We saw two whitetail fawns sitting near the entrance of the trail. They were friendly and beautiful. We did not see/find the loop unfortunately. But on the way back we saw a loon and several ducks. I walked during Autumn so the colors pop out at you. Several persons passed this Saturday afternoon. We did smell the sewage and that was unpleasant, bringing this park down to a 3 star score, otherwise it's worth the trip.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

It was short but I liked all of the nature

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Okay. Very easy paved trail with two unpaved side paths toward the creek. On the humid day I visited, there was an odor of sewage, thus my 3 rating.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

nice little walking or jogging trail, but a bit short for biking.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Repug.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Somewhat urban trail through the woods near the creek, with houses in many sections. It is in the city, so that is expected and you can't beat the location for a quick walk after work. I see deer almost every time I go even in the day. It says 2 1/2 miles but if you go only on the paved section it's exactly 2 miles.

Monday, June 05, 2017