Brighton Recreation Area Loop Trails

Brighton Recreation Area Loop Trails is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, Michigan that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked trails. The day we went it was very humid and hence very buggy. Our morning was cut short because some where we missed a turn that would have given us the full 12 miles

First with ace & cleave our path into the forest

Use this trail to get in shape

Monday, September 26, 2016

Nice walk in a Michigan woods. The back part of Penosha, along Teahen road, is unfortunate, but that is just a short bit of the trail. If you just want the scenery, and some nice hills, do the 2-mile Kahchin; if you want more of the same (pretty) woods, but more miles and a few more hills, do Penosha. Neither trail, nor the combined set, is hard; these are at most moderate (I'm 58, in decent shape). Minimal wildlife observed. The trail is quite well maintained, is sandy in some stretches, packed dirt elsewhere, some erosion, rocks, or roots lots of places - a nice woods trail.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

do this one quite often, my dog loves the up down-up down slopes, as do i.
I'd make sure you've got pretty good shoes on, this trail isn't for half way go'ers!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Good hike if you're looking for a couple of hours and some decently challenging terrain. Decent variation of scenery.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Great! Would have loved to do the longer trail.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Great trail

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Awesome. I love the smell of blossom in the forest, and chipmunks all over the place. Went for a quick hike alone just did 2 miles to see how it's, next time will do a longer hike.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Lots to explore here. Great for families or solo hiking. Geocaches are abundant as well. Plenty of inclines. Short or longer hikes available. Cool off in Bishop Lake when you're done!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nice trail

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nice. This was our first hike and we didn't realize it was moderate. I guess we are proud we made it.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Beautiful trail. More groomed than rustic, but hilly and scenic.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Hiked Murray Lake Trail started at the entrance to the Murray Lake campground turning in to the right. Hiked with a friend after camping at the Appleton campground, which was a bit too close quarters for my liking - Murry Lake rustic campground seems terrific but will have to catch it next season, it was closed for the winter. Hiked 8 miile loop near Murray Lake, tho am not certain the name of the loop. Was excited to see a Blue Racer snake but not excited to hear gunshots and then see hunters - we were not aware hunting season had started nor were we dressed in orange! The trail, which seemed to be intended more for biking, was well marked, offered some elevation changes and a couple of views. There were some other loops signposted.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Torn shirt is fun it's a little over 5.5 miles, then cross the road to add 3-9 miles more!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Any part of the Brighton State Rec Area trail system is wonderful. Just did the Penosha Trail (5 miles) today. Some good steep hills, in parts made this moderate trail a great workout. Since I live here, I intend to do all trail segments eventually.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Great Camping at Murray Lake! Very Rustic which was awesome, Didn't get much of a chance to go far on the trails due to rain but they are great out by Murray Lake.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hiked\ran these trails all the time when I lived in Pinckney. They can be a little steep in some areas other than that great hike!

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Dont follow the directions provided here. You end up in a neighborhood no where near the trail...

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I like the horseback riding trails...can't wait to get back there!